anyone eat the same thing everyday?

Options

Replies

• mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Most days for breakfast I eat a Thomas Light Multigrain English Muffin with Polaner All Fruit (I keep various flavors so I can switch it up). Sometimes I use whipped butter, other times I use Almond Butter. I usually have a cup of tea or coffee. i haven't gotten bored. Lately I've added a piece of fruit or Chobani Greek yogurt because I get hungry quickly afterward if I don't eat enough. Sometimes I drink a glass of milk with it too.

For lunch I eat leftovers from dinner the night before a lot. Other times I'll have some fresh fruit or vegetables and a yogurt.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about just eating the same thing for breakfast and lunch everyday to make shopping and planning easier. Does anyone else do this? Has it made things easier? What do you eat? I need ideas !

Absolutely! My protein smoothie in the morning, and about late morning I have a small one-sliced based breakfast sandwich. Easy simple... and I am never bored!
  • DirtyOldLady
    Options
    My breakfast is pretty much the same thing every day. :smile: I almost always have muesli, with coffee if I remembered to set the coffee pot up the night before, or tea if I forgot the coffee. I'm narcoleptic, so when I get up there is not a lot of cognition taking place--but I can count on Zombie Girl to fix cereal, take pills, and drink caffeine just as a matter of rote. If I don't have that cereal stocked, and in the correct place on the kitchen counter, my zombie self has been known to just skip the food part of breakfast, which leads to bad hunger-driven decisions later in the day. So I have a large stockpile of Bob's Red Mill Muesli in my pantry. :laugh:

I get a lot of variety in lunch/dinner and snacks, though! I've been using vegetarian menus from the Fresh 20--they come up with a shopping list of 20 fresh items every week, and give five dinner plans with recipes that use those 20 items. I chose vegetarian, but they have omnivorous and gluten-free options. I've tried a lot more vegetables and spices in combinations I would never have thought of on my own. My friends are probably tired of hearing about it, :blushing: but I've been so excited to have this culinary adventure without having to do all the planning, and even if I cut the recipes in half, there's plenty left over from supper for the next day's lunch. The Fresh 20 is a paid subscription site (I think it was worth every penny) but there may be other sites out there that offer similar menu planning. :smile:
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    breakfasts on workdays are pretty much the same every day- coffee and an egg or two

As for planning, I make all my work lunches on Sundays and pack them up in tupperware. Although it's not the same every day or week, I generally do a cup of frozen veggies + a protein (chicken breast, burger patty, or something) unless there are leftovers we're getting rid of. It helps a lot!

I also make all my breakfast eggies ahead of time. I fry them, stack them on a plate then every morning I take one out and microwave for 30 seconds. Really not as gross as it sounds :) promise
  • msallymae
    msallymae Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I switch it up for lunch and breakfast. but i make dinners that mainly consist of ground turkey meat and chicken. i make pork tenderloin alot as well, i love my light pulled pork tenderloin recipe - super easy !
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    I eat a lot of the same foods every day...basically because planning is easier and less expensive. I try to use the same foods and prepare them different ways...just to mix it up a little.

It's all about what works for you. :smile:
  • mazasmusings
    mazasmusings Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast and almost always the same lunch, though sometimes lunch will change a bit if there are leftovers from the night before's dinner. Some might find it tedious, but to me, it's a routine in a job where there isn't much routine.
  • omanitshann
    omanitshann Posts: 179
    Options
    I do that a lot while I'm at college since I'm not at home, and have to buy my own (and the caf food is gross). I basically had cereal with raisins and almond milk for breakfast, and a peanut butter jelly and banana with almonds and greek yogurt for lunch every day. I'd try to change it up for dinner. I think it's fine to do if your on a budget. I never really got bored of it.
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I do. It's oatmeal/bagel sandwich (egg whites, whole wheat bagel thin and meat of some sort). Lunch is usually left overs or a salad dinner just depends on which state I'm in.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I have a rotating meal plan, of sorts that I just stick to because it's easier being a mom. Plus, shopping and logging are pretty much a no-brainer for me. Weekends I veer off-course a little bit because I eat out a lot with my family.
  • TinaHumphries
    TinaHumphries Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yup, I eat more or less the same thing of breakfast every day and also lunch is a switch between 2 or 3 different things.

I was pretty much the same when I was eating unhealthily, I would rotate certain foods out of habit.

I have not become bored of either the healthy eating or the unhealthy eating and if I do start to get bored, I'll just look for something else of the same calorie / health benefit :D
  • MouthyMatthewCHANGED
    Options
    My weekday meals are pretty standard, to be honest with you. I tend to have much the same thing for breakfast every day, and then each day of the week is much the same as the day of the week before it.

It works well for the way my personal life is set up at the moment (my other half works a later shift and doesn't get to eat till around 11 p.m.).

So the routine aspect works well for both of us. We know that Monday is "X-day" and Tuesday is "Y-day". It just makes things that bit easier and simpler.

And then at the weekends we make sure we vary things up and try something new.

The weekday thing makes the weekly shopping easier (which I have to do on my own because of the other half's work pattern) and allows me to plan my calorie intake quite methodically as well.
  • medicinemantoo
    Options
    I kind of do and don't.

I'll eat the same thing everyday for about a month, then I change it for the next month. works for me.
  • Trajikmajik
    Trajikmajik Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know I eat the same breakfast everyday and alternate lunches during the week. It helps with planning and shopping quite a bit.
  • Luxxmundi
    Luxxmundi Posts: 52
    Options
    I nearly always have the same breakfast, which is toast because I don't have time to do much else. Lunch and dinner normally change, but i'll have the same dinner 2-3 times a week, because I like it, or fancy it and its quick and easy.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same breakfast and lunch everyday, and the same snacks, but I vary my main meal, I am a stickler for routine, so it is good for me.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I do have a tendency to stick to the same foods, but it gets boring fast. What I do though is each week buy easy foods for breakfast and eat the same thing for at least one week in a row. For lunches I always try to bring my leftovers from the dinner the night before...
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Pretty much,just so much easier to log and purchase groceries for the family and then me. I use different spices,herbs,cheese, low sodium soy sauce and vinegars on the veggies so it's not too boring.
  • veggiesaurus15
    veggiesaurus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same thing everyday. I read that when people eat a large variety, they are not as likely to be successful in losing weight and keeping it off because of the temptations, but I guess it depends on the individual. I found that eating pretty much the same thing everyday has helped me be successful and it is easier because I always know what I need, but on that same note I love what I eat and I may switch it up slightly. Maybe switch between a few of the same meals several times per week, and one different meal that is a treat each week?
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    pretty much everyday i have cereal, almond/soy milk, bananas, apples, carrots, and a pb sandwich...i've lost almost 30 lbs. and still love them all! :)