i need girl friends!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread! I prefer weights to cardio as well. I have to mix it up or I am dreadfully bored but no matter what I do I still get in a 3-4 mile walk a day with my dogs. Every week I write down my fitness plan and schedule at least 2-3 days for "fun cardio". My fun cardio usually includes biking/or spinning, videos of all sorts (Beach body/ P90 X, have so many good ones), and trail running. Gyms have always intimidated me so I have a lot of equipment at home or try to get outside whenever possible.

I hope we can help motivate eachother. I have been on this fitness committment to a healthy lifestyle road for almost 4 years now and still need motivation at times. Good luck everyone.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hello girlfriends! :flowerforyou:

I'm really working and focusing on my fitness level at this point because I'm close to my goal, and the weight is coming off soooo sloooowly!

So I'd love to encourage and motivate eachother to take this as far as possible and reach our goals!!!:drinker:

:heart:
  • JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Hi! Can I join? I need motivation as well as friends, too. :flowerforyou: I am working hard at my running plan...For lunch today I plan to complete Week 6 either day 2 or 3, it just depends on how I feel during the run. I pray that my hip doesn't hurt as much today :ohwell:
  • JessicaPahl
    Options
    I can try to help keep you motivated if you keep me motivated!!! I am 28 yo female with 2 children trying to get my pregancy pounds off from my last pregnancy. I am 136.5 lbs and hope to get back down to my normal weight of 112lbs.. so i have a few more lbs to go than you but i love competition!!!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I think I'm way out of yalls league. In all honesty, I need to loose 70 pounds!! Maybe talking to yall will rub off on me ;) I'm ready to get in shape!
    i need to lose 200:sad:

You can do it. There are a lot of people here who have had a significant amount to lose and succeeded. Take it one day at a time. We are all here to help and support one another.:wink:
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I think I'm way out of yalls league. In all honesty, I need to loose 70 pounds!! Maybe talking to yall will rub off on me ;) I'm ready to get in shape!
    i need to lose 200:sad:

You can do it. There are a lot of people here who have had a significant amount to lose and succeeded. Take it one day at a time. We are all here to help and support one another.:wink:

Thanks!!! I'm trying!
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    Hello Ladies!! I am trying to up my fitness level too!! The treadmill does get boring but on days when it's not very nice out it's all I have for cardio. So I've been mixing it up a little on the treadmill. I'll do my little warm up. Then I'll crank up the elevation to 6.0 at a 3.8 speed for 5 min. Then I'll put the elevation up to 12 at a speed of 3.6 for 5 min. Then I'll put the elevation at a 3.0 at speed of 4.0 for 5min. And so on for about 45 min to 60 min. Atleast it mixes things up and it works a lot of different muscles.
    Haven't figured out how to make the elliptical a little more interesting.
    I've also recently gotten into cycling classes at the gym. It's fun having a group to exercise with and the instructor is really energetic which just fuels me. The first time I could hardly walk the next day lol but it gets easier!!
    Good Luck to you all!
  • JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!! I ran 2 miles yesterday on my lunch break and now my hip is killing me. :ohwell: And I gained 2 lbs this morning :explode: But I know that it was probably a fluke since I didn't eat over 6000 calories... Wishing you all energy to burn :flowerforyou: