did something wrong

Options
So last night I got home from work changed clothes to go for a 1.8 mile run. Noticed my feet and ankles were swollen and figured no big deal had to be salt intake was up for day. Took off for my run and got approx half a mile away and my calves started cramping, i pushed on. Walked a little more than usual on this run. By the time I got back home my thighs and calves were all cramped and hurting. Stretched as soon as I walked in the door, that helped a little. Ate dinner watered our veggie plants and my legs were starting to cramp again. I was also having abdominal pain which i do not think is running related but female issues which are an ongoing problem. I took a vicodin and went to bed. This morning i am HURTING!!!!!!!!!!! I did not complete my journals last night but will go fill in the blanks now.

The route I ran was the same route i do about 3 days a week. I stretched prior to run and after.

Any pointers? I will take a few days off to let whatever I did to myself heal. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    After looking at your diary intake (not the past two days though)... you eat very poorly. You have no proper balance nor a proper variety of foods for someone who does running.

Consider (this is nothing personal, so please dont take it as such) - getting rid of the junk foods and processed foods you consume, and use more proteins, vegetables, complex grains, a few fruits...

You are not eating enough calories on most of the days as well, in fact, you arent really eating at all.

Your diet is definitely contributing to your cramping....
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    I get cramps and put it down to being magnesium deficient.
    Supplements and diet.
    Try to see food as fuel...
    I try too...
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input, re-evaluating foods again. Already a pretty big change in the "diet" department from a few months ago.