Help with my weight loss?

Options
Hi, i have been dieting since March. I say dieting i think its more eating more healthy than dieting. And exercising quite a lot daily Since April. I have lost 22lb which is great, but for the amount of hard work i am putting in doesn't seem enough to me. I have not cheated once (i cant i have gall stones so i am on a low fat diet) and i am doing as much exercise as my free time allows when i work full time.

Can anyone perhaps look at my diary please and see where i am going wrong?

Replies

• kim2803
    kim2803 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    unable to see your diary, you might have to go into your settings and change from private to let friends see diary. xx
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi, i have been dieting since March. I say dieting i think its more eating more healthy than dieting. And exercising quite a lot daily Since April. I have lost 22lb which is great, but for the amount of hard work i am putting in doesn't seem enough to me. I have not cheated once (i cant i have gall stones so i am on a low fat diet) and i am doing as much exercise as my free time allows when i work full time.

Roughly 1.8lbs a week, isn't enough?
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    That is a great loss. I have been here since December and still haven't lost that much don't beat yourself up about this it's a great accomplishment.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options

Actually, you are right on track.
    Stop sniveling and be happy for your results.
    Think 1 pound of weight loss per week. Actually, you're ahead of the game.
    BUCK UP!
    Keep doing what you are doing. It's working :drinker:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Is this a joke? I'm not trying to be rude, but you've lost 22 lbs this year and you aren't happy? Just think how many people would be thrilled with that loss! Its not a sprint..its a marathon, and unfortunately it takes a lot longer to lose it than it does to gain it, so hang in there and keep it up!
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone else!! I know it seems so hard, and it is human nature to want everything NOW....but I try to keep in mind that the faster it somes off- the faster it goes back on!! You are doing so great, but slow down your expectations (and keep up the exercise and healthy eating!) You have the rest of your life! You don't want to gain it all back, so consider it a new lifestyle. The skinny lifstyle :~) your body WILL catch up with your mind!
  • MagsMead
    MagsMead Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought a Fitbit device and I am obsessed with it! It not only tracks steps but overall activity. It shows me every day how active I've been, how many calories I've eaten, and how many I need to burn. Losing weight is a simple math equation. Just last night it told me I needed to burn an additional 250 calories to stay within my weightloss goal, so I hit the street and walked a couple of miles. This morning I had lost 1/2 a lb. I had a pedometer in the past but this tracks so much more and it's connected to a free website and support. I highly recommend it.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You are funny! Seriously? You are doing great. 22 pounds since March is wonderful. How long did you think it would take you? Did you notice when you filled out your information about how much you could expect to lose each week? Even if you only lost a half a pound a week, you would still be losing. 22 pounds is incredible. Keep it up! Whining can detrimental to your weight loss! :bigsmile:
  • astraldream
    astraldream Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sorry i know it sounds like i',m moaning. I'm not i am happy with the loss i just thought that with the amount of exercise and low intake of fat i would have lost more.

thanks for everyones input anyway.