Forty Reasons The Diet ISNT Working!

Options
Hi All,

Just saw this and thought i would post it as it actually has a few facts thrown in there!!

To anyone who's gonna disagree to it, im not saying people have to follow it or anything im just generally posting! :)

Here's the link :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2167827/Diet-Doing-yoga-The-wrong-mix-brain-chemicals-Even-listening-pop-Forty-reasons-diet-ISNT-working.html

xx

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later :smile:
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    not a bad arguement! only thing I would argue is the weight lifting point......what a load of BS! lol Lifting heavy doesn't make you bulk up at all huff
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    Second thoughts, deleted due to thread bumping.
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    not a bad arguement! only thing I would argue is the weight lifting point......what a load of BS! lol Lifting heavy doesn't make you bulk up at all huff

Hehehehe i knew you would say that! :)
  • Nicola1944
    Options
    Second thoughts, deleted due to thread bumping.

??
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing

"14 Dieting by yourself. A study in the journal Obesity earlier this year found that team-mates in a weight-loss competition significantly influenced each other’s weight loss. ‘We know that obesity can be socially contagious, but now we know that social networks play a significant role in weight loss as well,’ said lead author Tricia Leahey, of the Miriam Hospital in the U.S.

A study in the Lancet journal earlier this year found that people who joined a diet class such as Weight Watchers lost more than twice as much weight as those who received weight-loss advice from a doctor or nurse."

so looks like MFP is helping me too :smile:
  • Nicola1944
    Options
    thanks for sharing

"14 Dieting by yourself. A study in the journal Obesity earlier this year found that team-mates in a weight-loss competition significantly influenced each other’s weight loss. ‘We know that obesity can be socially contagious, but now we know that social networks play a significant role in weight loss as well,’ said lead author Tricia Leahey, of the Miriam Hospital in the U.S.

A study in the Lancet journal earlier this year found that people who joined a diet class such as Weight Watchers lost more than twice as much weight as those who received weight-loss advice from a doctor or nurse."

so looks like MFP is helping me too :smile:

Ye thats what I think too!! MFP support definatly helps! I never stuck to a diet or lost any weight before I found MFP 2 years ago!!! :) x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    some good points... and some utter rubbish!!!
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Peeps, whilst there may be some nuggets in there, taking diet and lifestyle advice from the woman-hating, image-obsessed Daily Mail is like taking parenting advice from Dina Lohan.
  • gailduncan
    gailduncan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Peeps, whilst there may be some nuggets in there, taking diet and lifestyle advice from the woman-hating, image-obsessed Daily Mail is like taking parenting advice from Dina Lohan.

Ha! Quite right!
  • Flafster
    Flafster Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    some good points... and some utter rubbish!!!

It's in the Daily Mail. Their whole MO is nugget of truth in whole wrapping of BS.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with some of the reasons, but I totally DISAGREE with the statement about yoga. It has made a huge difference in my fitness level. And I have received many NSV's due to how tone I have become.
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options

Haha! Yes! Take the Daily Mail with a pinch of salt - they like a good health scare.
  • cibilbee
    cibilbee Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Nicola1944
    Options
    People obviously didnt read the comment I made when I posted the article.... SOME facts not all facts! Jeez !
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I'll drink to that
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    Copied to word file to read later. Thanks for sharing!!
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Cool I printed it out and put G's beside things I am guilty of, then made a list to help me stop. Thanks!!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Yeah...there are a few that I don't agree with but the majority are really good points!
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... I TOTALLY have experience with this one: 20 Buying too great a variety of foods. Fewer food choices and instilling culinary boredom could be the key to successful weight loss. Researchers reporting in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that when women were offered the same food over and over again, they tended to eat less overall.

I recently changed up my eating habits (on week 3 now), and I am SOO uberly bored with my diet--I feel like all I eat is chicken and some kind of veggie. Last night for dinner I cut my chicken breast in half and only ate half of it...I just didn't want to eat chicken anymore! So, I consumed less calories for dinner than usual.