Oh the shame...

Options
Last week I was so proud of myself. I ate well, I went to the gym three times in a week, drunk all of my water, and lost 3 lbs (I know it's not 25, but the scale has been on a steady increase since I moved). Well this week I thought I was doing the same thing but I gained weight (2.4lbs). My week is not over yet, but I hopeless.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Can someone please help?
:sad:

Replies

• FitKitty
    Options
    Last week I was so proud of myself. I ate well, I went to the gym three times in a week, drunk all of my water, and lost 3 lbs (I know it's not 25, but the scale has been on a steady increase since I moved). Well this week I thought I was doing the same thing but I gained weight (2.4lbs). My week is not over yet, but I hopeless.
    Has this happened to anyone else?
    Can someone please help?
    :sad:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    be wary of scale numbers, your weight can fluctuate up to 5 lbs up or down an given day depending on water weight, waste, and food intake. If you really want to know, I would take your weight 2 times a day for 3 days, and average it out. That is probably close to the most accurate way to know what you weigh for a week. That being said, I usually don't recommend weighing in every week as it's a pretty short time frame and your exact issue can surface and stress you out, many times needlessly. Biggest looser not withstanding. The only reason weigh in's on that show are even 1/2 way valid is because they weigh in the exact same time every week.