Anyone else have this problem, eat, THEN get hungry?

Options
2»

Replies

• Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    This happens whenever I eat noodles or a lot of veggies with a lot of water in them -_- It's so annoying.
  • Weight_less
    Weight_less Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yeah yeah, apples make me starve! And some other fruits...
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Ditto, my best mid mornings are when I eat bacon, eggs, cheese and vegies all cooked in, sort of a scrambled omelette;) Quick and easy!
    What's going on with that? This morning, i had some cornflakes and got super hungry about 15 or so minutes after eating..
    Carbohydrates. Fast absorbing carbs, insulin responds, blood sugar plummets, feel hungry.

Chinese meal syndrome.

Eat protein rich food instead.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I'm always super hungry in the a.m. if I have pizza the night before. I haven't looked into why yet;)
    This happens whenever I eat noodles or a lot of veggies with a lot of water in them -_- It's so annoying.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I didn't know that about hot tea but I will try it. I have lots of faves like apple cinammon. Pretty much anything with cinammon, LOL!! Ty for the tip!! denise
    I usually have a cup of hot tea or coffee with my breakfast on days when I wake up hungry. I find that the hot liquid helps make me feel full. Also, I'll have something high in protein like eggs or greek yogurt.

I never eat cereal for breakfast unless it's on the weekends and I plan on going to the gym an hour after I've eaten. Otherwise, it's virtually guaranteed that I will be hungry shortly afterwards.
  • MaryBowen27
    MaryBowen27 Posts: 132
    Options
    Sounds like you need a lower GI (glycemic index) breakfast. Ordinary cornflakes are digested quite quickly and push up your blood glucose fast. Then your body clears the glucose rapidly from your blood and it rebounds too low, making you feel hungry again quickly. Protein foods don't produce fast "spikes" in blood glucose, nor do high fibre foods. If you like cereal, wholegrain types are better because they are digested more slowly and your blood sugar doesn't go up and down again so fast.

I was just gonna say this. Corn flakes have a GI of 82, which is super high. There's not a whole lot to them thats going to keep you full for any extended period of time.

http://www.gilisting.com/glycemic-index/2007/02/gi-of-cornflakes-breakfast.html
  • SithChicky
    SithChicky Posts: 74
    Options
    guys, i'm not talking about just today with the cornflakes... I'm saying it happens ALL the time. I know cornflakes aren't the best choice for a diet because of the sugar, I need to go shopping and my car's been broken down, lol.
  • SithChicky
    SithChicky Posts: 74
    Options
    oh, and thanks guys, with the tip about the hot tea and cinnamon!
  • samdrew2804
    Options
    The key to feeling full is WATER, the hunger feeling and the thirsty feeling are the sam. Drink a hot cup of water first thing in the morning, have a glass of water before you eat and a glass of water once your finished.

I found this link today and was shocked at how important water is to your whole body and how much you must drink a day.
    http://www.wateraid.org/uk/get_involved/drink_more_water/default.asp?gclid=CPjKj83P_rACFcYmtAodNkYC-Q

Good luck
    Elaine