Man I lose motivation quickly!

Options
I am trying to eat better and recording my calories. I did really well for 1 1/2 weeks and now I feel like I am failing again. I have been giving into cravings, today I had a serving of m and ms (1/4 cup) and two servings of ice cream (1 cup). Errr it is frustrating. I would appreciate any advice or encouragement to stay the course. Thanks

Replies

• klhain
    klhain Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, You can do it. We all have our bad days, let it go and move forward. I'm on day 2 of sticking to the plan. For me, the more sugar I eat, the more I crave it. Keep focused on your goals@ YOU CAN DO IT!
  • LostInOhio
    Options
    The past is history, so don't beat yourself up over it. By running a deficit throughout the week, you may still be down overall. For example, if you are running a 300 calories deficit daily, then that's 1500 calories for the week.

Also, I am a firm believer in not denying yourself, but taking stuff in moderation. So, go ahead and have the M & M's or ice cream, but control the portion you are eating and eat them less often.

Additionally, for myself, I am a late night snacker. If I stay up after 11 pm, I am grazing for food, so I really focus on getting to bed between 10 and 10:30 pm.

Finally, you did well for 10 days and had one bad day. That means, you were doing the right thing 91% of the time, not bad!

Hang in there. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • Svemirka
    Svemirka Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I really don't believe you should cut out candy and ice cream from your life
    I think it is ok that you had these, just recognize how much you are having and how many extra calories that is bringing into your daily total - if you think you are going over your limit then go do something to work it off...

In 2007, I lost approx. 25 lbs that I have kept off pretty well. I have gained a few and lost a few here and there but I will tell you this - I did not suffer. I still ate candy!

Almost every night, or every other night - when I worked at my part-time job - we had this candy machine that would spit out about 8 peanut m&ms for a quarter.

I allowed myself that. It's about learning to have things you like to eat in moderation. I love chocolate and no way am I ever giving it up. Speaking of chocolate, had some today - sure it was one of those mini hershey milk chocolates that is about the size of an inch or one small square of the large chocolate but I had my chocolate and I do not feel deprived on this diet of mine.

Just count those calories up and reduce somewhere else. Do not feel bad about it - make up for it.
  • Svemirka
    Svemirka Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    p.s. for those of you who are chocolate lovers - try Pure Protein Smores protein bar for breakfast
    I know protein bars usually don't taste good - but this one is delicious and really makes you feel like you are just eating a candy bar! yum!

Could try having a piece of this protein bar as a snack here and there when you get your sugar/chocolate craving.

I have this bar for breakfast almost every morning and I tend to crave the candy a bit less when I eat it...
  • annaliza
    Options
    Hey, you at least recognized the fact that you gave in to cravings and even felt bad about it. That's much better than eating it like it's no tomorrow.

What gave you the cravings? Were you bored, angry, tired? Recognizing why is half the battle :wink:

Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • joa827
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone. You are right today is just one day and tomorrow is a new day and it will be better. The reason I probably gave in was because I often feel like I am not good enough and I had some of those feelings at work. I think I need to do something relaxing (medication, walk etc) after work to get centered again before I make dinner. Thanks everyone!