%!@$#%!@$#%!@#$!$#$#^!$#!^!^$^!%#^%!#%!&#%&!%#&!%#!%&!#!&%

Options
2»

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know 4lbs is good, I was just hoping for bigger numbers as I imagine we all are. You see 10 LBS the week before and work harder and see less it SUX!!!!!!!! But, I do need to start taking measurments because I think that with help as well. Thanks for all your comments and encouragement..... MFP ROCKS!

Yeah it will go back and forth, but keep an old pair of pants that used to be tight and slip into them once in a while. I took pictures every 10lbs I lost and that was very encouraging, as well as measurements of your arm, chest, waist, hips, and thigh. I lost an inch off my arms after bootcamp but never would have known if I hadn't measured I would have only thought DAMN I gained 4lbs. Don't let the scale be your only proof because it will let you down at one time or another.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You sound like one of those folks who would benefit from throwing the scale out and focusing on other metrics.
  • johnydolittle
    johnydolittle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    yep its a WIN, I should and WILL stoping *****ing about it. Onward and Upward...Again you guys ROCK, thanks for the encouragement!!!!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    rome wasn't built in a day :-) Weight bounces around all over everywhere from my experience. But this is a marathon and not a sprint. It takes time but just keep doing what you are doing and eventually you will get to where you want to be :-) Good luck
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i havent lost a pound in 2 years and I workout 10 hours a week and eat like a queen. Realize that the scale is the last way you should be measuring success.

REALIZE IT TODAY
    SAVE YOURSELF FROM WAY TOO MUCH UNNECESSARY HEARTACHE
  • to_the_surface
    Options
    Weight loss is not a linear function. Meaning if i lost 5 pounds in the first week doesn't mean I'll lose 5 pounds in the second week. Besides the variables we can control (amount/intensity of workouts, quantity/quality of calorie intake, hours of rest/sleep, etc) there are a ton more that we cannot control (genetics, hormone levels, etc) that have a say in how the body stores/burns energy.
    Science has made progress in getting more of those unknown variables into the known territory but the individual genetic component plays a gigantic role and remains to be fully understood.
    Use numbers as guidelines not exact target numbers. Comes to mind a widely accepted suggestion of monitor both weight and body measurements. Most of times the scale will show only part of the progress, or no progress at all, but your body measurements/composition, fitness and energy level would show improvement.

Keep at it, see if there's additional motivation in working out besides strictly weight loss; it would make the journey more enjoyable and likely make it a long lasting habit.

Good luck
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i havent lost a pound in 2 years and I workout 10 hours a week and eat like a queen. Realize that the scale is the last way you should be measuring success.

REALIZE IT TODAY
    SAVE YOURSELF FROM WAY TOO MUCH UNNECESSARY HEARTACHE

Yoovie rocks!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see your reply with a better attitude! Seriously honey, it's not a race, there is no rush to the finish line. Be happy with every loss and when the stalls and plateaus happen, don't beat yourself up then either. The only person you hurt by doing that is yourself. Do NOT give up, keep going, keep fighting! :)
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I started at 330

My first week I lost 7lb

Spurred on by this I had a great second week and put on 2 oz.

That almost made me want to quit.

Since then I have lost every week.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Let me get this straight: You're disappointed that you *only* lost 4 pounds in one week? :laugh:

Sorry, but the only time I've ever lost that much in a week is when I had stomach flu and couldn't keep anything down for days on end.

1/2 pound to 2 pounds a week is healthy and normal. That's why there are no settings for more than a 2 lb./week weight loss on MFP.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    no matter what size you are, you are going to have fluctuations, and there are going to be times that you don't lose AS much. I have been on this road for 5 months now, but only really losing for the last 2 months (13.8 pounds in 2 months).

I lost 4.8 pounds the first week of my lower carb journey
    the last month my numbers have looked like this:
    week 1: -0.4
    week 2: -1.4
    week 3:-0.6
    week 4:-0.2
    week 5:-1.8

in there, there have been a few times when I had some water weight gains, but they always drop off and take a little more with it.
  • br2012
    br2012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If it were easy, everybody would be thin! It's just a number. How do you feel? You pumped for next week??? Rock on.
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't get frustrated if you begin to "only" lose 2 lbs a week or so. That's actually awesome, and if I could make my body do it, I would!

Most of us lose about a half a pound to a pound a week. 4 lbs is great, and probably still represents some water weight.

Don't get discouraged!

Add me to the "Over two weeks with no loss or inches loss at all" category. I'm jealous of your four pounds, boy!
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    When I read the title I HAD to read.
    I know you are frustrated...but like many have said, just keep your nutrition healthy and moving and you will see results.

Sorry I could not be of better help. :flowerforyou:
  • johnydolittle
    johnydolittle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am ready to ROCK! Done with the Woe is Me..........
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Good job! Remind yourself, "The scale is not my report card. My body is changing in ways the scale doesn't reflect. All I have direct control over are the inputs to the equation-- my eating and activity. I reward myself for putting in the correct inputs. The outputs will come in time. Lots of time."
  • CLCinNOLA
    CLCinNOLA Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I was so discouraged a few days ago...for no reason at all, my weight was going UP instead of down, from 6 lost to 4 lost. And I was being so good! LOL.

Anyway, this morning I was down again and lost even more, down 8 pounds total by now. This despite being put on a beta blocker last Thursday, which is supposed to make weight loss harder. Why did I lose more weight? I haven't a clue but it must be water weight playing head games with me.

I think that for some of us weight loss is a roller coaster no matter what we do, and this might be especially true for those of us close to 300 pounds or more. I'd say just grit your teeth and hang in there. It has got to come off at some point (right? I think?).
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    4 pounds would be an awesome loss in a week to me. I was amazed when I lost 2, but then the next day it was back again. I think my scale was teasing me.
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I agree with many. A scale can tell you one thing, your body will tell you another. Do you feel signs of improved mood, increased energy? Watch for the signals that your body is loving your lifestyle. The scale will reflect it later. :D Keep up the great work!!