Hubby thinks I am too skinny...

Options
angcubby
angcubby Posts: 31 Member
So...my whole life I have struggled with my weight. I finally got it all off. I am so happy with my weight right now...But the other night, my hubby freaked out on me. He is worried about me because he thinks I am too skinny. I am a very boney person. I've always had boney arms and legs. I carried my weight around my chest and midsection. But now I am just boney all over. I'm ok with that. I eat about 2100 cals a day. *including exercise calories.
I told him I would gain some weight...but i honestly dont want to. I recently found some jeans that fit properly...for the first time. In fact, Its like 95 degrees outside and I am wearing these babies just cuz I CAN! Anyway...I feel bummed because people think I'm too skinny...but Im happy. I don't want to look anorexic...I eat A TON OF FOOD. I think I eat more than my husband. The diff is that he eats high calorie crap and I eat a lot of fruits and veg. Here's a pic of me in my new jeans!

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/309358_10151083870061217_521178276_n.jpg

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/396158_10151083856946217_2139628822_n.jpg

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/376944_10151083857011217_2014830861_n.jpg

Replies

• Loretta19810
    Options
    I haven't looked at your jeans picture yet... BUT... Don't gain weight just to get curves, that would be adding fat to your body. Start lifting weights and the curves you gain will be muscle and they won't jiggle. Your weight might go up some because of the muscle, but you will like the way you look even better. It is hard to gain muscle, especially for women, so don't be afraid to lift heavy. Hire a trainer to get started if that is in your budget.
    Congrats on skinny jeans! Good luck
  • piexcore
    piexcore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have been here. When I first dropped the weight, my parents were very worried about me-they even went so far as to claim I had an eating disorder. To please them I stopped running and reverted back to my previous way of eating- gaining back round thirty pounds and plummeting into depression. I actually did develop an eating disorder- binge eating- because I was so worried about what they thought.
    I think the reason they were so concerned was because whenever there is a noticeable or unexpected change, people are wary. I went from a chunky, exercise hating 200 pound girl to an everyday running 135 pound, mindfully eating girl in 10 months and they just weren't used to me passing up icecream and voluntarily getting sweaty. I think you need to sit down with your husband and explain to him how good you feel, maybe show him your food journal and reassure him that you are perfectly healthy, happy and very very proud of yourself. He might also be insecure, and think that your getting sexy to attract hotter men, and that your going to leave him. One of my ex-boyfriends sabotaged my weight loss mercilessly because he was afraid of that.

In the end you need to remember that its your life, your body, and you worked hard to get to this place in your life. At the end of the day, its your happiness with yourself that's most important- not how pleased he is with you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!