Putting it to a vote!

Options
I'm ready to see whether I should up my calories or not. I'm eating 1250 a day and I'm thinking about going to 1450 or 1500. I've lost about 8 pounds with 1250 in a month and a half. I'm 5'5", 175 lbs. So please say YAY or NAY! :)

Also comments about the switch are greatly appreciated (reasoning) ! :)

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Yay!

You don't need such low numbers at 175 lbs. I don't know what your goal weight is, but you are going to want room to decrease your calories the lighter you get.

I usually eat 1200-1500 depending on exercise, appetite, and energy, and I'm at 111 lbs. And I'm losing well on this. About a lb a week on average.
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think so...i upped mine by just about 150 a day and it kickstarted my weight loss again.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to see whether I should up my calories or not. I'm eating 1250 a day and I'm thinking about going to 1450 or 1500. I've lost about 8 pounds with 1250 in a month and a half. I'm 5'5", 175 lbs. So please say YAY or NAY! :)

Yay.

I found myself with not enough energy, and hungry at times with just 1200 calories.. I now eat 1400-1500 a day usually. Feeling much better still losing weight (although I haven't lost a lot of weight, as I don't really have a firm exercise regiment aka I rarely workout, just walk every so often, and yet I still lose a little weight here and there)

Edit*

Also, I am 5'4 and 157 lbs. Started at 162 lbs.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options

I think it may be safer if you experiment with the numbers for a few weeks at a time and see what works best for you. After 6-8 weeks of trial and error, I found that I need to net 1500 calories a day in order to be happy and healthy.
  • choface
    choface Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think it may be a good idea, is my weight going to fluctuate when I start this regimen?