HELPPP!!!

Options
I have been doing MFP for about 4 months now and I have consistently lost weight every single week. I excersized about 4 times a week minimum,. Now I started Insanity about a week ago and every since I started I have not lost a pound. I have been following my calories on MFP and I sometimes excersize a little extra but not much since Insanity sucks the life out of me. Anyone have any input on why I am not loosing weight?? I am getting a little frustrated!!

Replies

• cocotier
    cocotier Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I recently join MFP. I read your post and I first thought. First, congratulation for doing Insanity (I am not at that level of fitness). However, I saw few clips of it. I thought, "are you eating enough calories since you are exercise more and certainly need more fuel now?" I know it sound silly since we all want to loose weight; however, not eating enough can trigger your body to keep what it has.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's not unusual to see no change or even a gain after we start a new exercise program because sore muscles retain water to help them heal. Drink lots of fluids to help flush out the excess and you should see the scale head in the right direction soon.
  • findfan4ever
    findfan4ever Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    First of all awesome job on the what you have accomplished so far. Keep up the good work.

As far as Insanity ..... it is a high intensity interval training system designed to reduce weight and increase strength by using high impact aerobic activity and plyometrics. This system uses your own body weight for its strength training component.

What you could be experiencing is the slight increase in lean mass as your body fat drops. As you continue the program, you should see body weight dropping more as body fat is burned off.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You are probably just retaining water weight as insanity is crazy intense. Also, when you started insanity did you look at their nutrtition guide? You really need a bunch of calories with programs like insanity and p90x. Under consuming can be just as bad as over consuming. At a minimum you should be eating 1800 calories for phase one. More than likely it may be higher than that. I eat 2600 doing p90x but i am also a 200 lb guy with 12% body fat for reference. I will note that i know several 5'2 women at 120 lbs eating 2000 + calories doing insanity.

Keep in mind food is fuel and if you dont have enough fuel, your body will fight to maintaing fat.

Also, you will not gain muscle with insanity, just not gonna happen, especially since you are on a calorie deficit.
  • ivonne56
    ivonne56 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes i even changed my level of activity and it gave me more calories plus i eat the calories i excersize..
  • ivonne56
    ivonne56 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the advice and encouraging words.. I was really starting to loose my motivation
    But now I see I have to be a bit more patient..
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Yes i even changed my level of activity and it gave me more calories plus i eat the calories i excersize..

So if you use the nutrtition guide then you do not need to eat back exercise calories. Conservatively i ran numbers, with your estimatef height at 5'5'' and i would have you around 2100 calories daily. That is total calories.