Plain yogurt made yummy

Options
tammietifanie
tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
So i wanted to figure out how to make plain yogurt yummy with out adding too much extra calories... while web surfing i saw this

1 cup plan yogurt
1 packet sugar free jello

at first i was thinking that is nasty well i had plain yogurt and a box of sugar free jello (strawberry flavored) i sprinkled in a some jello and mix it up and was shocked it was good... sprinkled a little more for more flavor and im in heaven.... I probably used 1/2 a packet for 1 1/2 of yogurt.... :happy: :happy:

Im wondering how other Flavors might taste ...

Replies

• missbabybee
    Options
    That's an interesting idea. I like to add a little bit of honey and citrus zest; orange, lemon, or lime all taste good.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Briannah
    Options
    I remember I tried the body trim diet here in Australia. It was basically like the Atkins with very limited carbs, they told us to make some jello and then mix it in with cream cheese like Kraft Philadelphia (not sure if you guys have that in the U.S) and then leave it in the fridge,I found that quite yummy too. But even on its own sugar free jello is excellent cause its very filling and low- calories :)
  • amaline
    Options
    My favourite dessert (or even breakfast) is Plain Yoghurt with cinnamon, almonds and a little honey. Delicious. The almonds do add in calories so you can take them out but they are good for you and soo yummy.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I've been dipping plain shredded wheat bites (not frosted) in my Vanilla Activia Light for breakfast and it tasts like an ice cream cone!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I just do plain yogurt w/ 1/2 c. frozen blueberries. Let them kind of defrost for a few minutes, and it's *really* good. If you want, top w/ a little healthy cereal or granola, or some walnuts (I just do a few walnuts).

If you really can't eat it plain, try a little honey or agave nectar for sweetener.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    i make smoothies with plain yogurt and fresh fruit fatfree milk or 1 cup of vanilla soy milk .. very yummy
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I put cinnamon on everything! Even yogurt :wink:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I've never tried cinnamon on yogurt but it sounds delicious!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I've never tried cinnamon on yogurt but it sounds delicious!

Oh yes, how could I forget cinnamon? Pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg are good too. :bigsmile:
  • pgolden028
    Options
    I have to eat fat free plain yogurt and I had the hardest time trying to make it ediable. I tried adding cinnamon and vanilla (not so yummy) unless you add sugar. I finally figured out that I had some sugar free strawberry jelly in the fridge, it was very delicious! I also heard from a friend that Dannon lite and fit vanilla has only 110 calories vs 120 calories for the generic fat free yogurt. I hope this post helps!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I have to eat fat free plain yogurt and I had the hardest time trying to make it ediable. I tried adding cinnamon and vanilla (not so yummy) unless you add sugar. I finally figured out that I had some sugar free strawberry jelly in the fridge, it was very delicious! I also heard from a friend that Dannon lite and fit vanilla has only 110 calories vs 120 calories for the generic fat free yogurt. I hope this post helps!
    i just made a smoothie with faf free yogurt ...i only used 1/2 cup so its 60 calories instead of 120
  • bribaby24
    bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love putting chopped up apples, Bear Naked brand vanilla almond granola and cinnamon in my plain yogurt! Great taste for the fall season and sooo yummy for breakfast/dessert!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options

I :heart: dannon light n fit! :heart: My usual breakfast is 1 cup of dannon, 1/2 cup of kashi go lean crunch and 1/2 cup berries in it (and cinnamon of course)... it's awesome and just under 300 calories. :flowerforyou:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt + dark chocolate chips or chocolate syrup = :love: