MOTIVATE ME!

Eazy43055
Eazy43055 Posts: 56
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I was here for a couple months awhile back, this site helped me get through a lot.

Anyways A LOT happened, I gained almost all of it back.

I need to get back on track!

Motivate me please!

I am trying to lose 20+ before homecoming (4 weeks) not un-realistic I did it before while I was here!

Replies

• tell us all something about u. what do u do, what do u like going? stuff like that.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    20 pounds in 4 weeks is doable, but is it healthy? 5 pounds a week is more than double what's recommended for a healthy, safe weight loss. I'm sure you know that though. :smile:
  • Ive done it before, with the help of this website.

I have gym access..

I love to play basketball.

My major thing is I stay up late, and wake up late.

So I usually eat all night, and I never eat during the day, until like 5 oclock. THEN I eat A LOT!
  • I too think that you are setting an unhealthy goal and though you will find a lot of support and motivation here, I don't think you will find very many advocates for trying to lose 5 pounds per week. Often when you set a goal like that for an event, the day of the event comes and you realize that you didn't meet the goal (usually because it was unattainable) and so you get bummed out and don't enjoy yourself as much. Then after the event, you give up on losing the rest of the weight and end up gaining back what you lost. Try for a goal of 12 lbs. The extra 8 probably won't make a big difference and you will be setting yourself up for a better chance of actually attaining your goal and keeping the weight off!

BTW, it shouldn't matter when you go to sleep and wake up as long as you get 8 hours of sleep, stay within your daily caloric goal, eat healthy and exercise. I too wake up late (1 or 2 pm) and go to sleep late (3 or 4 am). Try eating 4 small spaced out meals. Make yourself eat something (fruit, yogurt or cereal - something light) within an hour of waking up, because this will keep you from over eating throughout the day. Don't eat 2 -3 hours before going to sleep.
This discussion has been closed.