Daycare Provider; still burning calories?

Options
Hey everyone.
Thanks to my new job for the past two weeks as a daycare provider (for two year olds who give me a run for my money), I haven't been able to hit the gym. I work from 8am (sometimes 9am) until 5 or 6pm. The only down time I have is during their nap from 12pm - 2pm.
I won't add it to MFP, but guesstimating my entire day and lots of Google search - as a child care worker on my feet and with kids all day, I burn up to 1020 calories (127.5 per hour) for an entire working day. I feel like that's too much.
I really want to get a heart rate monitor with a calorie-burn counter to test that theory. I wish I knew where to get a good one for a good price.

Point is... does this guesstimation sound right to you? 1020?

Thanks!

Replies

• debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You may be active, but you aren't getting your heart rate up and keeping it at maximum for 30min.
    Why don't you just lift weights for 30min a few times a week in the evening? or do some situps/pushups/planks etc
    I work in a similar field as yours but only 25-30hrs a week, on my feet the whole day. But I still go to the gym 4-5x's a week- it's fun!
    good luck to you...