Eating healthy on a budget

Options
As many of you have found out, transitioning to a healthy lifestyle can get expensive. Especially if you eat out alot or do no plan your meals. At the same time fast food $1 menus are getting bigger. It's an uphill battle for fitness and nutrition professionals. Here is a link I would like to share to help you when you are shopping:

http://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org/fruits-and-vegetables-on-a-budget

Replies

• SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    OOOH THANK YOU!! I just spent like $80 dollars on a 70% veggie diet
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! Great info!!!!
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am a new vegetarian...about 6 months now! I am finding that eating healthy isn't as expensive as I thought it was going to be!!!! :happy:
  • kellyreynolds14
    Options
    Thanks for the great link! I actually checked out the Veggie & fruit nutrition database and I LOVE the fact that they list all the nutritional data PER GRAM of fruit or veggie! I feel like putting down "1 medium apple = x calories" is so inaccurate! I like to log all my food by weight if possible. Thanks again!
  • carriparton
    carriparton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great link! Thank you!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. I'm a grad student, which = poor most of the time. It's really hard to resist going for the quick and cheap thing when I'm busy and on a budget.
  • 1LRoy
    1LRoy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you have one close by, try shopping at a Sunflower Market or Sprouts for your produce. Their produce is always awesome, and extremely well priced, especially if you shop the sales.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this great information!!
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    great info, thanks for sharing
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,971 Member
    Options
    I'm already sold on veggies, but I have to admit to letting a lot go to waste. Thanks for the link. It has lots of useful information. I've always thought "eating healthy is too expensive" was one of the worst excuses ever. But it is so common that people accept it as true.
  • MrzBlessedLady
    MrzBlessedLady Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It's all common sense really but sometimes we just need someone else to point that out and put it all in perspective. Awesome info, thanks!
  • jackiedoming
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the link - this is really useful!