Upping my calories?

Options
So, I've lost 20 pounds since I started here, but had a little plateau for about a month before I really understood all the eating your exercise calories thing. I also upped my calories a little, and that seems to be helping. My question is this:

How do I know when to up my calories more? MFP has never asked me if I want to change my calories, and I'm afraid it never will, so what is a good rule of thumb to keep in mind when upping my calories as I keep losing weight?

P.S. - I went from 1200 a day and not eating exercise calories (until I realized how bad that was!) to 1200 a day with exercise calories, and am now at 1340 a day with exercise calories.

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    As you change your weight, redo your goals and it will change your calories (as in when you lose weight it will lower your calories). You can also change the goals from 1.5 pounds per week to 1 pound per week, for example, to up your calories a little bit. As you add in your exercise, it will update those cals in your food log automatically.