Corn Dogs, Ice Cream, ???

Options
Ill keep this short, is it good to eat these meals? I am asking because while my brother was dieting he ate 2 corn dogs for dinner and some frozen foods on most days and he was still able to loose weight,

He always ate these food in small quantities my guess is that we never went over his calorie limit? (hes lost 40 pounds since)

Replies

• bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    You can technically lose weight eating anything. But when you start getting closer to goal it gets harder, that's when I've found I really have to make every calorie count. So that I can hit my macros. But, it is possible to lose weight on corn dogs and ice cream. Just keep it under your cal limit :)
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    If you stay under your calorie limit and follow any other nutritional guidelines given to you by a doctor (e.g., due to diabetes, PCOS, celiac disease, lactose intolerance, Crohn's, IBS, whatever), you can eat whatever and still lose weight. There is no magic here. The only reason cutting any particular type of food would "unlock the secret" to weight loss is if you have one of the aforementioned conditions. It's all calories in vs. calories out. There was a thread here the other day about new research offering support for the idea of a low glycemic index diet being better in general, but you can still eat carbs and lose weight as long as you restrict your intake.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    You can eat that and still lose weight by staying under your cals but I can tell you from experience it makes it really hard to keep the weight off because you're still in the mindset of eating unhealthy foods. I failed Weight Watchers not long after losing 20 lbs because I will still trying to eat fast food all the time. It would be better (and more successful long-term) to only eat those foods occasionally. Also, if those are the only kinds of food you eat but you stay under your cals, you're likely to end up hungry a lot of the time because the amount of food is so much smaller. For example, I do eat pizza sometimes but to stay under my cals, I can hardly eat anything else! On the other hand, for the same amount of cals, I can make a big turkey club wrap with a side of veggies, fruit, a glass of wine, and still have cals left over!
  • A318
    A318 Posts: 7
    Options
    He*
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    you will loose with deficit.
    you can also lose with deficit.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    They say as long as you eat under TDEE you will lose fat. That does not work for me! I have to eat healthy in order to lose. I could eat 1500 calories of corn dogs and ice cream and not lose but if I eat 1500 calories of homemade food I will lose.
  • KetoBella
    KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Somethings never change, my little brother used to tattle on me too! :laugh:
  • Lancetully
    Options
    "Somethings never change, my little brother used to tattle on me too! laugh"

I lolled.
  • medicinemantoo
    Options
    You know, it's the 4th celebration. do what you want; it's you're life, live it! If your tracking and concerned about what you eat, enter it and take a look. it's called life. a little junk food today doesn't end your program. simply take a look at what you've eaten and where you want to be and adjust accordingly, you'll be fine. :happy: