Here goes nothin'....

Options

Replies

• briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    You look totally TERRIFIC! Great job and much continued success.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    you look great, keep it up
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    amazing! There is NO WAY I would have guessed 185lbs in tht last picture! I weigh 135lbs at 5'5 and u look smaller than me! Incredible! Keep iit up girl!
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Wow that is just awesome!!! Good for you!
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!! Myself, I think the BMI charts are full of crap, lol. Mine says I am supposed to be 104 to 144. I personally think I look awesome at about 160. I will see what I think when I get to 160. But you do look fabulous!!
  • amsohs85
    amsohs85 Posts: 166
    Options
    23 pounds may be too much now

First I want to say thank you all for your kind words! :heart:

And unfortunately, 23lbs isn't even within my "healthy" range. I'm only 5'6" and 183lbs (as of Friday). My goal is to hit 160lbs and find out what my body fat percentage is and go from there. Technically though, 160lbs is still "overweight" according the BMI charts, but I will be happy there I think. :smile:

Screw the BMI charts!!!! Lol... Whats important is how you feel physically and your perception of your body. Far too many people torment themselves trying to fit into the chart standard!! Enjoy your success, pat yourself on the back and keep up the good work!! You are awesome!!!:flowerforyou:
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    GIRL!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    I love the way you think :) I keep getting told by everyone I know "Oh you don't need to lose weight, your skinny!" "What are you talking about?" "There's no way you need to lose weight at all!" I keep telling them that yes, I do. The clothes I like to wear hide it really well. I'm glad that you are doing this for yourself!
  • Cappicorn
    Cappicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What amazing progress, and what a good reason to be successful :)
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    Amazing transformation! You look younger now, too!
  • sunnyshine1313
    sunnyshine1313 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing, it is posts like this that keep motivated to keep going. So many times the temptation was there to just gave up, I had a piece of cake, it's all over. But reading stuff like this lets me know it's okay to have a little hiccup in my journey to a healthier lifestyle as it takes time to change habits that have been so strong for so long. You are a true inspiration in so many ways, thanks!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    you are a certified BADASS!
    WELL DONE!

this made me laugh a little. while my husband was deployed, i told him when when he got home i'd be a BAMF. he's home and i'm not quite there YET, but i will be there soon. :wink: gotta keep pushing!
  • marie_cressman
    Options
    23 pounds may be too much now

First I want to say thank you all for your kind words! :heart:

And unfortunately, 23lbs isn't even within my "healthy" range. I'm only 5'6" and 183lbs (as of Friday). My goal is to hit 160lbs and find out what my body fat percentage is and go from there. Technically though, 160lbs is still "overweight" according the BMI charts, but I will be happy there I think. :smile:

Screw the BMI charts!!!! Lol... Whats important is how you feel physically and your perception of your body. Far too many people torment themselves trying to fit into the chart standard!! Enjoy your success, pat yourself on the back and keep up the good work!! You are awesome!!!:flowerforyou:

i'm trying not to stress so much on the BMI charts. my nutritionist told me 160 is a good healthy goal for me to work toward and i think i will be very happy there. if i have ever weighed 160lbs in my life... it MIGHT have been when i was in my preteen years. i remember wearing a size 13/14 in juniors before i even made it to middle school. now i'm in a size 10/12 and 183lbs. :smile:
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    Congrats to you, you have come so far and look amazing...
  • marie_cressman
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing, it is posts like this that keep motivated to keep going. So many times the temptation was there to just gave up, I had a piece of cake, it's all over. But reading stuff like this lets me know it's okay to have a little hiccup in my journey to a healthier lifestyle as it takes time to change habits that have been so strong for so long. You are a true inspiration in so many ways, thanks!

it does take a lot of time and patience. nobody is "perfect". it's a learning process! keep working hard! pick yourself back up! i tell myself daily. it's totally worth it.

again, thank you ALL for all the kind words! it really means the world to me. over the years, i have become very open with my weight and weight loss with friends and family. i have learned to love sharing this part of my life with people. i've shared every loss and gain with people, and i know i wouldn't have made it this far without the continuous support. i'm no longer ashamed of the way i look. i love my body! i eat the way i do and workout as hard as i do because i love my body and i want to improve it. i like showing people this isn't impossible! yes it's hard. it takes time. it takes sweat, tears, and dedication! but it's worth every minute if my children get to have me around for that much longer. it's worth it to be able to keep up with them when they're running crazy outside. LOL every second has been worth the struggle.
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Marie- your results are amazing! Congrats!!!!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    What a difference! You've transformed yourself and you look healthy and oh so happy!!! Congratulations on all your success so far!
  • maggiemay365
    maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE YOU!!!! BRAVO!!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!