HI I'm new

Options
Hi my names Holly and I just joined this site. I am a single mother of a 3 yr old beautiful girl. I have been dieting and exercising for the past 6-7 months I started at 175 and I'm now at 155lbs. I hope to lose a lil bit more weight my goal is 130. Whether I get to that weight or not as long as I am fit and look good than I will be happy. I still have quite a bit of work to do and it's really getting frustrating. I am hoping for some motivation in helping me through this lil bit of a hard time. I am an emotional eater I eat when I'm bored, sad, angry etc etc, I even eat in my sleep unknowingly which makes it really hard lol. I hope to make some new friends on here and to keep eachother motivated. I have recently been experiencing problems with my friends around me cause they are naturally thin so they have no problem eating whatever they want whenever they want and not have to work for it which kinda get me a lil bit down considering I have to watch EVERYTHING I eat how much and worry about working it off. So I hope to chat with some people and keep eachother motivated and our spirits up.

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    From one single mom to another, this is a GREAT place to be! Here you will be able to begin to understand how and what you eat and the 'cost' of that food simply by being honest with the food diary. Then you can gain knowledge here on the forums, ask advice, and get as much support as you need from the people here who I have found to be very caring.

One thing that really helped me get a jump start on all this was reading the articles found here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

They answered a lot of my questions and got me started right.

This is a great place, and it's free which is a huge help! :) Glad you're here, welcome!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • annaliza
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Great job on your 20lbs lost! I have a 3 yr old daughter too so I know it's hard to find time to exercise or do something for yourself. I also have naturally thin friends, too...but eventually they learned to respect my dieting.

Good luck to you!!!
  • HOLLEE85
    Options
    Don't you find it hard when they eat fast food or junk in front of you? Kinda hurts lol. I now know what it's like I will never eat junk in front of anyone who is trying to lose weight.
  • HOLLEE85
    Options
    Thx and thx for the link I will be sure to check it out.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome to MFP. :smile: