Can I lose 53 lbs by May 2013?

Options
How realistic is it to lose 53 lbs by May 2013?Im 193 right now,and want to get down to 140(height is 5' 6 1/2")....My exercise plan is 30 Day shred,Elliptical,punching bag workouts for 15-30 minutes,and jogging in place...Plus staying on track with my calorie intake(low or no sugar,no fried at all,gluten free)...I just need some hope and inspiration! ;)

Replies

• sfgonzales
    sfgonzales Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I went from 179 last August to 144 in December. I've flunctuated between 140 and 133 since then... You can do it!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! :My goal is a loss of 50 pounds and I have every reason to believe I will be at that goal by the time I hit m one year anniversary on MFP.....May 21st, 2013. You CAN do it!!!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    awesome thank you!and congrats on your weight loss ;)
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    53 pounds in a year? I'd say it's pretty realistic, so long as you keep with it :smile:
  • mackinacbride
    mackinacbride Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is exactly how much I still have to lose and the same time frame... Except I'm 5'1". We can do it!
  • Happymom83
    Options
    I know it may not seem like a TON...but to me it seems very difficult since I havent been that weight since I was 18...and Im now about to turn 29! lol....Im very very motivated to get there...Im doing this for me..My 20's are almost gone! And my 30's Im going to be healthier than Ive ever been! I cant wait:)
  • Happymom83
    Options
    That is exactly how much I still have to lose and the same time frame... Except I'm 5'1". We can do it!

Yay!Yes we can!;)
  • shierrarobin
    shierrarobin Posts: 181
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs in a month just keeping myself between 1200 and 1500 calories a day and doing exercise videos 3 times a week. It's different for everyone, I realize, but I believe you can definitely lose 53 lbs by then, maybe even more if you want to. :)
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    Technically the 1lb a week schedule would say no. However, from what I have seen with most of the women on here, is that they tend to lose quite a lot of weight when staying between 1200-1500 calories and exercising (cardio and weight training). I know a lot of people telling of losing up to 4lbs a week so it just depends on how bad you really want it.
  • mwestonp
    mwestonp Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Most definitely! I have tracked my progress closely and looking back at my data I reached 53lbs. lost right about day 170 (just under 6 months). It has slowed since then, but I'm now down 61 lbs after nearly 8 months. You can do it!
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Easy if you want to, I lost 58 in 6months eating 1200-1500 daily and hit the gym. just watch you portion size and it can be done. good luck
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Technically the 1lb a week schedule would say no. However, from what I have seen with most of the women on here, is that they tend to lose quite a lot of weight when staying between 1200-1500 calories and exercising (cardio and weight training). I know a lot of people telling of losing up to 4lbs a week so it just depends on how bad you really want it.

It's possible but typically 2 pounds a weeks is the max you want to lose. Losing too fast can be a bad thing and isn't considered healthy.
  • Twiztedbeing
    Options

It's possible but typically 2 pounds a weeks is the max you want to lose. Losing too fast can be a bad thing and isn't considered healthy.

Yea, I thought so too. I was really confused hearing it but I was not going to argue it with them, they said they were at 1200+ calories and female, and thats the average goal on here.
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45 pounds in 76 days, so I think your goal is very realistic....Find out what works for you "workout wise", whether it be running, walking, 30-DS, etc....& stick to healthy food choices...& drink water :)

You are definately at the right place...we are all here for motivation & support :) Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • Twiztedbeing
    Options
    One other thing I have noticed, weight loss is greatly attributed to current weight. Someone that is 250, will lose 50 pounds a lot easier than someone that is 170. When you start getting down towards 140, it might slow, just do not give up and remember to switch up routines if you notice no change within a couple weeks.
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    I did. I went from 253 in aug 10, 2011. Down to 200.7 by june 20, 2012
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    stay focused and aim to lose 1. or 1.5 pounds a week. I learned that I started to lose more weight consistently when I stepped away from the 2 pounds.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    How realistic is it to lose 53 lbs by May 2013?Im 193 right now,and want to get down to 140(height is 5' 6 1/2")....My exercise plan is 30 Day shred,Elliptical,punching bag workouts for 15-30 minutes,and jogging in place...Plus staying on track with my calorie intake(low or no sugar,no fried at all,gluten free)...I just need some hope and inspiration! ;)

1-2 lbs is considered healthy weight loss. If you stay on the plan and exercise, you can very likely do it or at least get close:) I hope to be down to 160 by Jan 1, 2013 (I'm also 193 now). Some younger women can lose an awful lot of weight a week (oh, I remember those days).
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    I lost 55 pounds between July and December 2012. I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary of a new lifestyle and have kept it off. I do not eat such huge portions, eat more often, and ride a bicycle nearly daily. You have plenty of time.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You Can Do It, May want to set mini goals each month Stay focused and plane ahead and don't lose thought why your doing this. You may want accountability partner that you can talk with. Start out small and build your self up. If you want some help or encouragement and support. Here to help if you want to add me. Have a Happy 4th July:):)