A Heavy Mentality

Options
I started my weight loss journey weighing in at 157 at 5'5". 4 months later, I have now lost 24 pounds (SCORE!) and weighing in at 133. I have a problem though- I still feel heavy and I don't know how to get over it! I'm just now starting to like what I see in the mirror. How do people feel that weigh 130, 125, 120?? Do you feel like an elephant walking around? Because I sure do...

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5 11 man...when I started I was AT LEAST 250, now I'm 228, and the fat I have bothers me a lot more than before, when I was heavier. I can definitely feel the benefit of less weight...I have a boss at work that walks really fast, and yesterday I noticed I could keep up with him and not feel winded, and still talk. I have to kneel and crouch down and move a lot at work, and I can definitely feel I can move around easier. I also can do yard work, bike riding, walking, pretty much everything, without feeling as tired as before...dammit it feels great, it motivates me to keep going....
    So I guess, no, I don't still feel as heavy, but every pound I lose makes want to keep going.
  • bernieboom1
    Options
    Heya...
    I feel a bit like you,
    I have been at my heaviest 196lb and my lowest 98lb and now back to 176lb... (although when I lost the weight the first time, that was cancers fault)
    And even at 98lb i still thought I was big... its not until now, 3 years later that I see pictures of me and I think I look skeletal... yet at the time all I saw was fat...
    I definately think there is such a thing as a fat mentality... especially when you have been big and then lost...
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and 126 ibs and feel heavier than i felt when i was unknowingly at 142. It seems to mess with the mind when you lose weight and start focussing on numbers. I only ever felt light at 119 or less.
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    OnTheWayToPerfection Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Its not necessarily what I see in the mirror, but how I FEEL. Its like I'm still feeling that 24lbs hanging around. Of course there are things that have changed since closing weight- endurance, clothes fitting, etc. But not how I mentally feel....