Low Fat Feel Good Cheesecake Recipe

Options
Giniac
Giniac Posts: 36 Member
*From another forum on the web, but I think this would be a nice treat for you all at MFP.*

I analyzed cheesecake recipes from America's Test Kitchen, Chantal, Joe Pastry and even Paula Deen to come up with this, and I've eaten one every night for the past 7 nights. My criteria for this recipe was that it must look good, taste good (even to my wife), be macro friendly towards my diet and eaten in one setting. Also, no water baths or leaving the cake in the oven for 5 hours. This recipe is just for a 6" NY-Style Cheesecake.

Macro's: 834 calories; 123g Protein, 63g Carbs, 10g Fat (Whole 6" cake)

12oz - Fat Free Philadelphia Cream Cheese
10oz - F age 0% Fat Free Greek Yogurt
2 whole eggs
3/4 Cup - Granulated Splenda
1/4 Cup - 1% Milk
1.25 Scoop - Trutein Vanilla Protein (42.5g)
1 tsp - Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp - Kosher salt

Directions: All ingredients at room temperature.

1. Preheat Oven to 325 - Prepare 6" cake pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper in the bottom.
2. Cream Cheese in mixer - mix on medium until creamy - scrape sides of bowl down.
3. Add splenda - mix on medium until incorporated - scrape sides of bowl down.
4. Add eggs one at a time while on medium. Again...scrape.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients - mix on medium for 3 minutes.
6. Pour in pan - extra batter in mouth - yum.
7. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Turn oven to 200 for 50min - 1 hour. Remove and let cool on the counter. Wrap and refrigerate overnight.

The 6" pan is important, I've had friends try it with a retarded glass pie plate and it was an epic failure simply because the cooking times need to be adjusted for different pans and cake thicknesses. If you don't have a 6" pan, buy one, or you need to remove the cheesecake when it's 155 degrees in the centre.

Adding flavors are pretty simple...want chocolate? Add in 3 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder and replace the milk with 1/4 cup brewed coffee (or milk will still work).

Changing macros is easy by either adding a crust of Graham Crackers, Oreos or animal crackers. If you add a crust, omit the parchment paper. Toppings are as creative as you want to get.

Replies

• Giniac
    Options
    Bump
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. I am not using Splenda do you think the measurements would be the same for other sugar substitutes in granulated form?

Thank you!
  • Giniac
    Options
    Sounds yummy. I am not using Splenda do you think the measurements would be the same for other sugar substitutes in granulated form?

Thank you!

I would imagine so, but if someone knows more information about this I'm sure they will enlighten me :-)
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply! I'll just give it a go!
  • Giniac
    Options
    No-one fancy taking on the challenge of making this?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • Mel_t_away
    Mel_t_away Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Please refrain from using the term 'retarded' as many will find it offensive, even if you do not intend it that way. I have known people who are mentally handicapped and also those that help care for them and it is highly appreciated if we can avoid using that derotagory term, out of respect.

Back on topic: Thanks for the recipe. It sounds good, but I don't much care for artificial sweeteners. The taste bothers me. I'm sure others will enjoy, though.
  • Giniac
    Options
    Please refrain from using the term 'retarded' as many will find it offensive, even if you do not intend it that way. I have known people who are mentally handicapped and also those that help care for them and it is highly appreciated if we can avoid using that derotagory term, out of respect.

Back on topic: Thanks for the recipe. It sounds good, but I don't much care for artificial sweeteners. The taste bothers me. I'm sure others will enjoy, though.

Can't edit the post, and didn't spot that in the text. As stated at the beginning - this is from another webpage and not my work.

No offence was intended, as I didn't see this before posting it.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Can't edit the post, and didn't spot that in the text. As stated at the beginning - this is from another webpage and not my work.

No offence was intended, as I didn't see this before posting it.

:drinker:
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bumppp
  • peggyj122357
    peggyj122357 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What does the term "bump" mean when someone posts it in a reply?
  • Giniac
    Options
    What does the term "bump" mean when someone posts it in a reply?

Bumps it the top of the board. It's one of them internet terms :laugh:

And when someone posts in a topic it shows up on their profile so by commenting it keeps a tab on this thread so they can come back to it later on (I assume that's what people are doing) :smile:
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ahelland21
    ahelland21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I am going to have to give this one a taste test... :)
  • dwilkerson89
    Options
    bump
  • gerald1019
    gerald1019 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    bump
  • benchpresslife83
    Options
    Must try
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That's close to another one on the cheesecake forums, by the way.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/461619-ny-cheesecake-morph

I'll have to try again with a 6 inch pan.