Earthquake anyone???

Options
Did anyone else feel the after shocks of the Wells Nevada earthquake. I was laying on the couch this morning, everyone was still asleep. Next I know my house felt like it was rolling. I have numorous cracks in my walls and foundation. Pretty freaky. We live about 110 miles away from wells Nevada and they say that it was a 6.3. I was just wondering if anyone else felt it? Heidi

Replies

• Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Did anyone else feel the after shocks of the Wells Nevada earthquake. I was laying on the couch this morning, everyone was still asleep. Next I know my house felt like it was rolling. I have numorous cracks in my walls and foundation. Pretty freaky. We live about 110 miles away from wells Nevada and they say that it was a 6.3. I was just wondering if anyone else felt it? Heidi
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wow... I live in the Santa Cruz Mtns near where the Loma Prieta hit in 89.

Earthquakes are scary. I'm glad there haven't been any reports of major damage or injury.

Stay safe...
    Angela
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    The first earthquake I ever experienced was the 8.2 (or whatever it was) one WA State had several years ago. I was ready to take my happy butt back to the Midwest where we don't have earthquakes. :noway: We have tornados and at least with tornados you have some idea that one might occur.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I'm not sure which is worse a tornado or earthquake. You are right though, there is no warning for us little people if an earthquake does happen. I don't think I could live in tornado country. It really scares me to death. We have had 2 or 3 minor tornado's, but nothing huge. It maybe takes down a tree or two. All I know is that my family has a plan in effect for if either of these happen. I do want to make sure I have ample food storage and gas and cash in small bills for any other emergencies that may occur. You just don't know when something will happen and I have always been taught that if you are prepared you shall not fear. Good Luck everyone and have a great day!!! HH
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Wow... I live in the Santa Cruz Mtns near where the Loma Prieta hit in 89.

Earthquakes are scary. I'm glad there haven't been any reports of major damage or injury.

Stay safe...
    Angela

I remember that one. I was 18 and we were out to lunch with my mom and she yelled at me thinking I was kicking her seat at the restaurant. That was a big one.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I live in Vegas and didn't feel anything. I have felt earthquakes before in central IL, though. None have been very severe, but I HAVE been through VERY severe weather situations in IL.