Ellen Degeneres replaces Paula Abdul on American Idol!!

Options
Oh, this is going to be good!! Paula Abdul was fine for awhile but sometimes she's so incoherent and says nothing of value. And she claps like a seal. The best thing about her was her chemistry with Simon. Their ribbing at each other. Moving on.

But!!

Ellen Denegeres on American Idol!! Who cares what the contestants will sing!? I want to hear all the funny comments she'll make. Oh man, this is going to be great. I hope she sits right beside Simon and rib him with funny stuff.

I can't wait. She made a comment that “I’m thrilled to be the new judge,” DeGeneres said in Wednesday’s statement. ”I’ve watched since the beginning, and I’ve always been a huge fan. So getting this job is a dream come true, and think of all the money I’ll save from not having to text in my vote.”

That's so funny. The money she'll save from not having to text her vote in. Priceless!:laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• tubbytabbytales
    Options
    This seriously excites me. I LOVE ELLEN. I always fast forward through everyone, but Simon's, comments, but for once I believe I will listen to someone other than Simon!
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    I:heart: and adore Ellen...Oh gawd..this is going to be SO funny. I cannot wait..
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Woweeeee! Totally KQQL! :flowerforyou:

I never watch IDOL.... but will tune in just to check her out!
    She BE Funny!!! :bigsmile: :laugh: :drinker:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    That almost makes me want to watch it again. I only watched Seasons 2 & 3. I just love Ellen, though!
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    i love ellen....i can't wait!!
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    Ellen was great as a guest judge on So You Think You Can Dance!
    th_yipee.gif
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    So, is she going to be a guest judge for a night, or is she taking Paula's spot?
  • Tiff_09
    Options
    So, is she going to be a guest judge for a night, or is she taking Paula's spot?

Replacing Paula I believe
  • strongandfit
    Options

Paula already quit. There was talk maybe Paula would reconsider and sign back on. But, Ellen took the 4th judge spot for the upcoming season. I would say, enjoy it while it lasts. Not sure if Ellen will do more than one season of Idol.

I stopped watching Idol after Jordin Sparks won. This will definitely make me watch it again

:happy: :happy:

By the way, for those who have not seen Ellen's commencement address at Tulane University (New Orleans) in 2009.

Her speech to the graduating class is so funny, so touching. It'll make you laugh:laugh: , cry:sad: , get up and dance:drinker: all in the span of 10 mins. Only Ellen can do this!! Imagine what energy she'll bring to Idol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYbMY13THH0&feature=fvw

Here's the link above to Ellen's Tulane University Commencement Address.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Tiff_09
    Options
    I heard that Shania Twain was a guest judge during one of the auditions and supposedly everyone loved her.

She would probably be a good choice, since it is a singing competition...

Not funny like Ellen though. :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, interesting!!
  • Tiff_09
    Options
    Very true Max :laugh:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I love Ellen, my dilema is that Idol is usually on at the same time as Biggest Loser!!! I don't have anyway to record either one. What is a girl to do?????? I don't think the show full episodes on line until the season is over. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I have never, ever watched American Idol and never wanted to. I'm a big Ellen fan and can't wait to see her as a judge. She will be fantastic!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    feels like idol is grasping at straws...is anyone else donw with this show all together?
    Ellen over load.....
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    I love Ellen, my dilema is that Idol is usually on at the same time as Biggest Loser!!! I don't have anyway to record either one. What is a girl to do?????? I don't think the show full episodes on line until the season is over. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I guess its a good thing I have dvr. I plan on watching the whole season of Biggest Loser this year :):):):)..