cayenne pepper

Options
Has anyone heard of cayenne pepper and its benefits?

Its a wonder herb, it does all sorts of good for you and increases your metabolism greatly.

Please research it.

It is one of the ingredients to one of the best slimming tablets know as chilli burn or something.

Elaine

Replies

• domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You can just buy cayenne pepper fruit (pills) as well. Easier to handle than mixing it in water.

Take 2-3 a day with meals or all at once. I take mine at once after dinner because I notice if I take them throughout the day, my stomach feels funny. You'll feel a "burn" in your stomach. I just started using them again but I tried it for a while last year. I haven't read up on it recently but I believe like most peppers, the acids help with digestion. Again I didn't research it again before seeing this but i think it helps with slowly cleaning you out.

When I used it before, I just remember being a little more regular with my bowel movements. I'm pretty regular anyway but became almost punctual lol. Just as adding fiber can make it easier to go if you tend to have to strain, it helps bring everything out. That's probably the least graphic way to say that :)
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I put cayenne pepper (from a spice jar) on/in a lot of my food. It is great!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options

Its a wonder herb...

It is a pepper... like a fruit, but dried and crushed to powder. It is yummy in foods, but I can't imagine it is a metabolism miracle.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Apparently Cayenne Pepper and lemon in water is supposed to be a good detox drink. No idea if it works mind, never tried it.

Anybody ever tried it, if so, what were the results?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kailee360
    Kailee360 Posts: 46
    Options
    I did the Lemon Detox Diet --- Cayenne pepper was part of the mix .

For me I felt absolutely hideous the whole time I was on Detox .
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Apparently Cayenne Pepper and lemon in water is supposed to be a good detox drink. No idea if it works mind, never tried it.

Tried it and here's my story:

It's formally called the Master Cleanser first started by Stanley Burroughs, you can get the book for about 7 bucks on Amazon. I've done it several times over the years for my migraines. It does aid in weight loss initially but, if not backed up by a healthy lifestyle and good diet and excercise the weight will come back. I've lost anywhere from 17 to 10 pounnds in two weeks. I've a done this because I suffer from severe migraines (as previously mentioned) and it helped detox my body from trigger foods that cause the migraines. You can do the diet for 10 up to 40 days and people from Beyonce to the Getty Oil Barron's daughter have done/do do this diet up to 4 times a year. I personally can't imagine more than once a year but again / I am only speaking for myself.

You tube: The Master Cleanse and you'll see hundreds of videos.

I can say it was the most boring, isloating diet I have ever been on and, if it wasn't for the migraine pain, I would not recommend doing it unless you have an iron will and a good support system. It's not for the faint of heart. And yes it's just Grade B maple syrup, lemons and cayenne pepper.

Hope this helps, best of luck.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options

I made that detox mixture and was going to try it out for a week. I took one drink and immediately threw up, so disgusting!

I will sprinkle some in pasta dishes, just to spice it up a little :)
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Jacki: Do you get regular migraines? I have learned a lot of things that people have done that really help with migraine headaches. Detox works, also very clean sources of protein help. If you are interested in knowing more please let me know.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Jacki: Do you get regular migraines? I have learned a lot of things that people have done that really help with migraine headaches. Detox works, also very clean sources of protein help. If you are interested in knowing more please let me know.

I do! They are largely in control after many tests MRI/MRA and losts of dietery adjustments and finally Butual in a dire circumstance. Please feel free to pass along any info, I welcome it. Thank you!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

I made that detox mixture and was going to try it out for a week. I took one drink and immediately threw up, so disgusting!

I will sprinkle some in pasta dishes, just to spice it up a little :)

Ahh it does not sound very appetizing that drink then LOL.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I just eat a spoonful every morning. Gives me a good "kick start."
  • samdrew2804
    Options
    It needs to hit your tounge I think.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4714966_lose-weight-cayenne-pepper.html

the above link explains how it works