Natural Sugar - Help!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• dhiannon
    dhiannon Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    A little more info needed, why are you counting sugars? I try to stay away from processed sugar, but really sugar is sugar as far as calories go.

I was only counting sugars as I have been given advice that I should. I was freaking out because I eat at least 3 servinigs of fruit a day. I do not have processes sugars if I can avoid it but the marco was also bold red telling me I went over. I thought I wasdoing something really wrong.. thats the only reason.

Thank you for the advice everyone - I have removed that macro and focusing on more of the carbs and fiber from now on.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Technically, every carb you eat is a sugar.

But, unless you have specific health problems, I would not worry about the naturally occurring sugars in fruit! Eat fruit with abandon! Watch your carbs instead.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    A little more info needed, why are you counting sugars? I try to stay away from processed sugar, but really sugar is sugar as far as calories go.

I was only counting sugars as I have been given advice that I should. I was freaking out because I eat at least 3 servinigs of fruit a day. I do not have processes sugars if I can avoid it but the marco was also bold red telling me I went over. I thought I wasdoing something really wrong.. thats the only reason.

Thank you for the advice everyone - I have removed that macro and focusing on more of the carbs and fiber from now on.

Totally not being critical but just for clarity, there are only 3 macro nutrients: Carbohydrates, Fats and Proteins. Sugar and fiber are not macros.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options

I think you will be better off this way. If you have trouble losing weight you might want to revisit this issue, sugars are high in calories and you can get more bang for your buck with other sources of calories.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how you react to eating sugar, no matter what the source. For me eating too much sugar, including from fruit, will give me cravings for sweets. It's one reason I like South Beach living--got rid of my cravings and I'm hoping it will help prevent type 2 diabetes since it runs in my family. It does help to eat some protein or fat with fruit to slow downs its digestion resulting in less of a blood sugar spike. I had more sugar today than normal. I try to keep it around 30g/day.