So tired.....

Options
This week I have been SO tired!!! In the evenings I am having a nap, and getting enough sleep at night, but it just continues. I have been eating right, but I don't even have the motivation/energy to exercise.... I usually exercise 5-6 times a week, and I haven't done anything since Monday.

This happened to me about 3 weeks ago, and somehow I managed to pull myself out of it, but this time it seems worse. Any helpful ideas? I'm not enjoying this at all....

Replies

• cnutbrown
    cnutbrown Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough cals? Eating back your excercise cals? If not, you could be depriving your body of nutrition....also....you may want to consider blood work on your thyroid and B12 if this is an ongoing issue for you....

Hope you feel better soon!!:flowerforyou:
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    eat more protien to give you a healthy long lasting energy boost
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    These sound like signs of over training or burn out. Could be that you are pushing yourself too hard and/or for too long. Check out this website and see if it sounds like what you are going through: http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/overtraining/a/aa062499a.htm.
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough cals? Eating back your excercise cals? If not, you could be depriving your body of nutrition....also....you may want to consider blood work on your thyroid and B12 if this is an ongoing issue for you....

Hope you feel better soon!!:flowerforyou:

Yes, I am always very close with my calories, and majority of the time I eat all my exercise calories. I also eat protein with every meal. This is SO frusterating. For the last few months I have felt the best I ever have and been very energetic, and now... not so much...
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    are u prego????Not to freak you out but that's how i knew i was pregnant with each child.. i would feel so drained i would have to take a nap every day around 3pm even though i didn't change any of my daily habits and then i took a test and there's that darn little + sign.... You might wanna take one to narrow it down.. Could you be getting your period soon??? I get so tired also when my period is around the corner....
  • katrana
    katrana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It could also be the change in weather. I know I have been really tired this week, but it is because it has been cloudy/rainy and the temps have dropped about 10 degrees from last week. Also, the days are getting longer.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    This week I have been SO tired!!! In the evenings I am having a nap, and getting enough sleep at night, but it just continues. I have been eating right, but I don't even have the motivation/energy to exercise.... I usually exercise 5-6 times a week, and I haven't done anything since Monday.

This happened to me about 3 weeks ago, and somehow I managed to pull myself out of it, but this time it seems worse. Any helpful ideas? I'm not enjoying this at all....

Are you taking a multi vitamen....that helped me.
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for you help! The article was great, I am going to take that into consideration. I don't believe that I am prego (TOM last week).

I don't think the weather is helping much either. It is cooler now, but I find that better for when I do my run. However, it is staying dark later in the morning, and I am running out of time to get my run in before work. I am going to have to switch to evenings, I think.

What kind of multivitamins? I have always gotten vitamins from food, and never taken pills for it, but maybe I should look into it...
  • Yvette135
    Options
    Try eating good carbs like brown rice, nuts, cheese, whole grains this help me.:flowerforyou:

oh and i also take triple strength fish oil (GNC 900 mg) I take two daily.
  • emkay617
    Options
    This happened to me. You may need to start taking a multi vitamin. Might sound funny but it actually worked for me- I take a liquid vitamin (more soluble). If not, you might have a deficiency so see your doctor.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    this was an iron problem for me :) i agree with having your blood checked :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Are you prone to Seasonal Affective? Do you get the "winter blues"? The short days do it to some people. My wife was dead on her feet for 4 months out of the year,,, went on for year. Then she figured it out.

Tanning bed - 6 or 7 minutes, twice a week. Gets her full spectrum light, straightens her right out. Something to think about.
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    allergies? migraine? (I get what my doc diagnosed as migraine sometimes without a headache at all, just extreme fatigue and halo) hypothyroidism? PMDD? iron deficiency? That's my checklist ;-)