Im getting frustrated!

Ive been killing myself in the gym this last two weeks, plus drinking more than enough water. Im also not drinking alcohol. but damn it im gaining like 4 pounds! i just dont get it. :explode:

Replies

• Dagoth
    Dagoth Posts: 172
    Are you sure you're counting your calories correctly and eating at a deficit?
  • Mickase
    Mickase Posts: 1
    If you're lifting weights, you may be gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, right?
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    If you're lifting weights, you may be gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, right?
    *sigh*
    Might help if you open your diary, OP.
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Open your diary
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205

Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. A pound is a pound is a pound. Just sayin.
  • estrada3d
    estrada3d Posts: 78 Member
    i stopped liftingt because i do gain muscle to quick.
  • estrada3d
    k.
  • estrada3d
    i opened it and from what i gan gather from it im eating to little during the day and over eating to compensate for the calories at night. it doesnt flat out tell you that. thats just from what i deducted
  • estrada3d
    thanks everyone
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    keep lifting I'm 222 and I eat about 2300 cal a day. I loose about 2 pounds a week
  • SithChicky
    SithChicky Posts: 74
    Don't get frustrated, you can do it! :happy:
  • estrada3d
    :) thanks
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Quite possibly, your muscles are holding onto water to help them repair. This often causes weight fluctuations/brief gains. Keep on the straight and narrow, and this weight should disappear in a few days time.
  • Dynetha
    Dynetha Posts: 42 Member

Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. A pound is a pound is a pound. Just sayin.

It's not that it weighs more it just takes up less space...so true a pound of muscle and a pound of fat weigh the same thing but the muscle takes up less space. If you notice that you're getting smaller then that could be the case...you could be losing fat but increasing muscle.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    If you are eating the right foods, getting the correct protein then it will take time to show. Don't worry you will be fine.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    I know this sounds weird - but the same thing happens to me and I am a girl. I agree about the scooby website - very good info about your base metabolic rate. I finally started losing when I added daily cardio. I still strength train by lifting free weights, but cardio is key for me to lose weight. I kickbox, jog, dance, spin, walk, and do the elliptical. Find something you enjoy and do it often. Good luck!