Shedding pounds while in college

Hello!
I am new here, but have been using the mobile app for about 2 weeks. Paying more attention to my food intake seems to really help me understand my struggles with weight loss. I got married a little over a year ago and I need to lose 60 pounds before I am at a healthy weight for child-birth. I am looking forward to this adventure, but a bit nervous because of my past failed attempts. I am getting ready to enter my senior year of college, so there will be added stresses, but I am ready for the challenge. Anyone else working to lose weight while in college?

Replies

• Well, I think you have more on your plate than I do, you being married and getting baby-ready, but I'm about to start my 5th year of college (three majors). I honestly think it was a lot easier for me to be thin my freshman year when I lived on-campus than any time since then, mainly because of the meal plan I got from my college, but also because my dorm was 1.5 miles away from the dining hall, on an entirely different campus.

Where you goin'? If your college has a gym, that's a nice free(ish) perk!
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Well, I think you have more on your plate than I do, you being married and getting baby-ready, but I'm about to start my 5th year of college (three majors)
    Awesome for you majoring in 3 different areas. Majoring in Biology and on the Premed track alone makes me not want to even think about majoring in spanish....But shedding pounds in college for me seems easier because 1: You can eat salad even though the pizza is calling you, 2: There is a free membership to the gym where you can visit inbetween classes (even 10mins is enough) and 3: You can go swimming (If there is a pool at your institute).