Keep your goals to yourself???

Options
About one month ago, I posted a before and during (def not after) pic of me just as I was nearing my half way point. I got a lot of kudos, and congrats, but the problem is, ever since then, I've felt less than motivated to continue. When this was my secret project, I worked my booty off to lose, but nowadays, it's soooo hard. I'm still losing, but whereas, I was losing 8-12 pounds a month, i'm down to maybe 2-3. Then I came across this video~~~~~> http://www.ted.com/talks/derek_sivers_keep_your_goals_to_yourself.html?source=facebook#.T_OToRgL5Np.facebook and I found it to be very accurate for me (i'd previously discussed this very thing with my hubby). Now, I guess I need to figure out, how to reprogram my brain so that I can get back on track.

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Interesting talk. I've not heard of that before. Thanks for sharing it.

Maybe develop some goals that are unrelated to scale weight - walking or running a certain distance, completing a race, learning a new physical activity, etc. - really commit to whatever it is and revel in your secret goal. Good luck!
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This is very interesting and I think it may be true. I have tried many many times to lose weight and have failed. This time I made a point to keep it to myself and I am doing it. Coincidence? I don't know, but this is the most that I have ever lost. I only discuss my process with myFitnessPals and no one else.
  • arw4
    arw4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yes, I prefer to keep my goals to myself. My mom has been looking to lose some weight, so I showed her this site. Now every day she asks me if I've lost weight and it drives me insane!!!!!!