jalapeno poppers

Options
Has anyone ever made jalapeno poppers with laughing cow cheese instead of cream cheese?? I am totally craving them and I thought this would be a good alternative but I am not sure if it will melt properly. I am worried it will turn into a juicy mess.

Let me know if any of you have and the recipe if possible.

Thanks so much! Happy Thursday :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the poppers, but I use laughing cow cheese to melt in pasta sometimes because it melts so good and still stays creamy. I think it would be a good substitute and worth a try.
  • diadonblue
    Options
    What else do you add with the laughing cow cheese in pasta?
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    i make ground chicken burritos using laughing cow cheese and also any kind of wraps YUMMY
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Stuffed jalepeno poppers- cut the peppers in half, fill with a mix of low fat cream cheese, some garlic powder and mozz cheese...then dip the bottoms in eggwash then into seasoned bread crumbs...put in oven at 350 for 20-25 mins.

I got this from somewhere on mfp. give it a try?!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Stuffed jalepeno poppers- cut the peppers in half, fill with a mix of low fat cream cheese, some garlic powder and mozz cheese...then dip the bottoms in eggwash then into seasoned bread crumbs...put in oven at 350 for 20-25 mins.

I got this from somewhere on mfp. give it a try?!

I think that was originally a HG recipe :) Haven't tried it out though!
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    What else do you add with the laughing cow cheese in pasta?

I add a tiny bit of butter, a splash of milk, and then melt the cheese in it. It's kind of like mac & cheese.