Went over daily calories, now what!?

Options
Hey everybody, so i just recently joined myfitnesspal and i was doing good on day one then day two i ate three donuts in the evening and went over my daily calorie limit by 500 calories ( my daily limit is 1200) i was wondering now if i should then eat 500 calories under my limit tomorrow or if i should just go on as normal? will eating less "even it out" or slow down my metabolism?

Replies

• selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    you should never go under 1200 calories, if you go over your calories then dont sweat it and just eat good the next day, try to not eat 3 donuts and limit your self to only 1, hope this helps.
    you can add me if you want
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: you should be doing enough exercise to be eating more than 1200 calories

:bigsmile: eat right tomorrow

:bigsmile: make your home a "doughnut free zone from now on :laugh:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    do an hour of cardio.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    do an hour of cardio.

^ This, if you are really worried about it go and burn some of it off.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day. Start back to healthy eating and don't sweat the donuts too much.
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    do an hour of cardio.

^^ This!

Don't beat yourself up over it, and don't starve yourself - just make up for it ASAP and hit the gym or the pavement!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. My first day on MFP I had a Bacon Cheeseburger and large fries. On my 3rd day I had general chicken, both of these are about 1400 calories! I still managed to lose 3lbs that week. Just stay on track the rest of the week and you should be fine. Also, you could do some extra cardio to burn off some of those calories! =)