What is shakeology?

Options
maddiey
maddiey Posts: 231 Member
Every p90x video on youtube recommends shakeology.
What is it? :)

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It's a waste of money, it's just a shake they sell.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    The study of shakes.
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    Its a beach body product. Your better off buying your own whey protein and making a protein shake or protein smoothie at home. I did the turbo fire program and never ever bought shakeology even though it was heavily marketed. I make my own green smoothie protein shake at home using simple whey protein powder, frozen berries and frozen spinach. tastes awesome
  • maddiey
    Options
    So basically is it protein powder?
  • tigersword
    Options
    Pretty much, and it's not all that good, quality wise.
  • SharitaWray
    SharitaWray Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's nasty.
  • maddiey
    Options
    The study of shakes.

Lol so helpful!
  • maddiey
    Options
    But is it supposed to do anything? Besides be protein powder.
  • tigersword
    Options
    Supposed to? Yes. It's supposed to do a lot. It doesn't actually do anything, though.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    The study of shakes.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    The study of shakes.

Bahaha... this is what I think every time I hear it too.
  • maddiey
    Options
    People are so vague lol.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Every p90x video on youtube recommends shakeology.
    What is it? :)

Largely, it is a multivitamin within a protein shake... not much more

http://russjamieson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Shakeology-Ingredient-List.jpg
  • Kimminer77
    Kimminer77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just started using it and I like it. I bought the new vegan chocolate flavor. It does not contain Whey. Whey protein is milk-based and not as good for you. Shakeology is a meal replacement shake basically. Not just protein powder. It has all kinds of vitamins, phytonutrients, probiotics. The vegan shake uses brown rice, quinoa, pea and other proteins. From talking to others who use it, they see clearer skin, healthier digestion, weight loss and other benefits. It is pricey though. I'm not a beachbody coach either! I have been doing Turbo Fire for 12 weeks and I'm doing ChaleanExtreme and Brazil Butt lift next. I'm working up to p90x and Insanity.
  • maddiey
    Options
    Ah I see. Thanks :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    It's a scam. Take a multivitamin, eat some protein. Same effect for a fraction of the price.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    It's a pyramid scheme. The more you buy, the richer a bunch of people get. If you can sell the stuff, the richer the people above you get. If you can induce other's to sell it... well you get the idea.
  • jennakrysteen
    Options
    I actually love it! But to each his own!
  • CoachJake83
    CoachJake83 Posts: 108
    Options
    Shakeology is a meal replacement shake both equal parts protein and carbs. It's got a lot of vitamins and superfoods in it.

Some people find value in it, some don't. Just like some people find value in exercise, or buying in home fitness equipment while others don't. Personally I've been drinking Shakeology since June of 2011 and have gone from 25% body fat to 6.3% (as low as 4.3%) pretty quickly.

I notice the benefits very much and I like the taste, and it breaks down to $4 a day ($3 if you're a regular customer). I don't pee neon green like you normally would on a multivitamin (now THERE is a waste of cash)

You'll hear some people say it's a waste of money and to buy (insert cheap alternative with artificial flavoring and a fraction of the vitamins here), yet it's ironic many of the people that got to this forum / community by spending a lot more than $4 a day on junk food (myself included) to get themselves out of shape and unhealthy.

The reason you see Shakeology on success stories all over youtube is because of two reasons mainly. One, it works very well. And two, they don't compete with corporate America with commercials on TV. With a 2/3's obese nation who's going to drop $4 a day on their health? They'd rather save $$$ that for Mickey D's. So Beachbody does it through word of mouth referrals and success stories (Coaches, part of their network).

The way I look at it, try replacing your Subway / Starbucks / BK whatever vice it is, with 1 glass a day and see what happens. You don't need Shakeology to get in shape or get healthy, but in MY life it's helped tremendously.

Beachbody is the company behind P90X / Insanity / Shakeology / Turbofire etc. They started the in home fitness revolution and continue to be the leaders of it. Their #1 goal is to end the trend of obesity. 5 years ago they opened up into network marketing which, no doubt, has a bad taste in many people's mouths.

However the difference with Beachbody is that:

1. The products WORK and they came BEFORE they got into network marketing (not the other way around like most companies that fire up the business and say "Gee! What should we sell to people? How about make up and candles!")

2. The CEO Carl Daikeler has integrity and believes that it's OK to make a reasonable profit helping people get fit and stay motivated as long as it's within reason and the quality of the product is top notch. (I think he's succeeded because you won't find better programs than P90X / Insanity nor will you find anything healthier than Shakeology)

Beachbody also has a no questions asked refund policy. You can order a bag right now, consume the whole thing, call customer service and say you don't find value in it and they'll refund the whole thing 100% no questions asked. No sending anything back, zero fuss.

You either love it and keep it, or you get your $$$ back.

I'm a P90X / Shakeology success story myself. It's worked for me in MY life so I recommend it. Neither P90X nor Shakeology is a magic pill to success, but if you commit you see results. There's a reason P90X is #1, and why Beachbody is #1 with in home fitness.

But if it's not for you it's not for you. As long as you're happy with YOUR results and YOUR life then to each his own. Whatever method gets you to the finish line is the RIGHT way to go.
  • tigersword
    Options
    tigerpalm.jpg

The "neon green pee" is actually a good thing, not a waste of money. In order for something to get into your urine, that means it has to be absorbed and utilized by your body, and excess is removed (it's vitamin B2 that causes the bright color, actually.) it's when you take a supplement that's supposed to have a ton of vitamins in it, and you don't eliminate anything through your urine, that's a dead giveaway that it's not being absorbed and used.

Shakeology has tons of "success stories" because people want to get paid.

Lots of weight loss supplements have success stories and spokespeople, that doesn't mean they actually work. My personal favorites are the ones who use professional bodybuilders, and take "before" pictures during the off season, and then the "after" pictures the day of a competition.