Inner thigh workout

tammietifanie
tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I really want my thighs to stop rubbing against each other when i walk ... i do squats, leg lifts but is that enough?? Are there any other great workouts i can do to get that sexy horse shoe look when i have Jeans on.. You know ladies the look where your legs are so slim it looks like a horse shoes instead of two legs sticking to each other :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have ankle weights should i start using those when i do leg lifts??

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Lunges are supposed to be really awesome for the thighs also. I am trying to add more lunges into my workouts so I can get rid of that problem too.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    My thighs has gotten alot slimmer..ugh thunder thighs..:laugh: But I have compression shorts when I workout that helps me sweat more on my thighs and lower area..And I do alot of CYCLING...helps tremendoulsy for the lower body..My thighs has gone down a whole lot and also what you doing now keep it up..Be patient with it mines not exactly a horse shoe yet:laugh: but Ive had lost alot of fat their so just keep it up girl:drinker: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    I have the same problem... A lot of good advice here, so lets see what happens :drinker:
  • This is the best inner thigh move that I have found. When I do it though, I flex my foot and lift the leg about 1 to 2 feet, she shows a smaller lift.

http://www.ehow.com/video_2351171_the-inner-thigh-lift-pilates.html

Hope it helps!
  • My thighs has gotten alot slimmer..ugh thunder thighs..:laugh: But I have compression shorts when I workout that helps me sweat more on my thighs and lower area..And I do alot of CYCLING...helps tremendoulsy for the lower body..My thighs has gone down a whole lot and also what you doing now keep it up..Be patient with it mines not exactly a horse shoe yet:laugh: but Ive had lost alot of fat their so just keep it up girl:drinker: :happy: :flowerforyou:

What are compression shorts?
  • Shanta1983
    My thighs has gotten alot slimmer..ugh thunder thighs..:laugh: But I have compression shorts when I workout that helps me sweat more on my thighs and lower area..And I do alot of CYCLING...helps tremendoulsy for the lower body..My thighs has gone down a whole lot and also what you doing now keep it up..Be patient with it mines not exactly a horse shoe yet:laugh: but Ive had lost alot of fat their so just keep it up girl:drinker: :happy: :flowerforyou:

What are compression shorts?

Compression shorts are similiar to waist trimmer belt materials only in the form of shorts..so you can sweat at your lower bottom legs and thighs..they sell them in walmart for about 10bucks and Target sell them to...They are great you wear them alone or up under your workout clothes when you workout or go walking..I love them:happy:
  • tammietifanie
    If you sweat does it cause it to run down your leg or does it hold it in?? I would love to try them out but wouldn't want sweat rolling down my thigh in public :laugh: :laugh:
  • Shanta1983
    No it doesnt runs down your leg silly :laugh: they are compress when you get done working out you take them off you will visibly see all the sweat you shed during your workout..But if you have doubts about it dont get em..They work perfectly for me:happy:
  • I really want my thighs to stop rubbing against each other when i walk ... i do squats, leg lifts but is that enough?? Are there any other great workouts i can do to get that sexy horse shoe look when i have Jeans on.. You know ladies the look where your legs are so slim it looks like a horse shoes instead of two legs sticking to each other :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

'

You really want a "horse shoe" look? O.o I don't think it looks sexy at all, it's just a sign of thin and long legs that usually do not have a lot of muscle on them. Legs with defined muscles will not give you an exaggerated horse shoe, it will just look like a gap between the thighs and the gap size will depend on how far apart your legs are when you're standing. Really long and slim legs and a smaller butt will place emphasis on the gap between the thighs. But few people have gaps between their thighs when they're pressing their knees together. Although I've seen some, but they were extremely thin for their weight.

You're going to have to work on slimming down the whole leg, especially the thigh area. Running and walking really fast. It's that simple. And of course losing weight will give you slimmer thighs and calves. :smile:
  • Shanta1983
    I really want my thighs to stop rubbing against each other when i walk ... i do squats, leg lifts but is that enough?? Are there any other great workouts i can do to get that sexy horse shoe look when i have Jeans on.. You know ladies the look where your legs are so slim it looks like a horse shoes instead of two legs sticking to each other :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

'

You really want a "horse shoe" look? O.o I don't think it looks sexy at all, it's just a sign of thin and long legs that usually do not have a lot of muscle on them. Legs with defined muscles will not give you an exaggerated horse shoe look and you pretty much have to have no butt for it to be greatly visible (that's why models all have it). You can't just target the inner thighs. You're going to have to work on slimming down the whole leg, especially the thigh area. Running and walking really fast. It's that simple. And of course losing weight will give you slimmer thighs and calves. :smile:

Agree with her to:happy:
  • tammietifanie
    Yes i want the horse shoe look cause i use to have it... I don't agree it means your too thin. I have always played sports and rode horses my entire life and trust me you have to have strong legs to do that.. It just means there's not alot of fat hanging off your thighs .. Im not going for that super model look where they don't even have thighs but i also don't want that over weight fat person look any more ... I may never have my thighs looking like they use too but i will try my hardest to get them there..
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    You're not going to be able to spot reduce your inner thighs no matter how many leg lifts you do. You'll just have to burn the calories, and hope it comes off there.
  • tammietifanie
    Im not just focusing on one spot im working out my entire body to improve over all health and weight.. but i just wanted to add a new workout for my thighs cause i don't know if i can do any more squats :laugh:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Put your ankle weights on, lay on your side, and lift the leg closest to the floor- that works those muscles on the inner thigh. I also feel it in my inner thighs when I bike.
  • Tag!
This discussion has been closed.