NSV - The finish at the 50

Options
justal313
justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
Tonight I ran my first off the treadmill 10k. It was in Foxboro MA and started and ended at Gilette Stadium. The wicked cool thing is at the finsh you run into the stadium through the giant inflatable Patriots helmet and across the 50 YARD LINE. My buddy Alex talked me into it even though I am supposed to be training for the warrior dash for September. I had a good time and I'm still totally geeked out from getting to run across the field without being tackled by security and ejected from the stadium

I now know I'll be able to do the warrior dash. Can't wait for it!!

Replies

• justal313
    Options
    Got my stats. 1:19:50 for a 12:51/mi pace. For the first time running that distance off the tread-mill I'm happy especially since it was 85 degrees at race start. I came in 402/411 males aged 40-49 but the important thing is that I finished and I'm really looking forward to the warrior dash now.
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That is so great!! Congrats on all you weight loss too. 56 lbs, impressive!!
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wow, that must have been a fantastic feeling, running across the field. Your own victory run!! Good luck on the next one and congratulations on the great life change. :flowerforyou:
  • justal313
    Options
    That is so great!! Congrats on all you weight loss too. 56 lbs, impressive!!

Thanks!
  • justal313
    Options
    Wow, that must have been a fantastic feeling, running across the field. Your own victory run!! Good luck on the next one and congratulations on the great life change. :flowerforyou:

I'm an avid Patriots fan so the only way it could have been better is if Tom Brady was there to throw you a pass as you crossed the line.
  • kbutlerrvt
    kbutlerrvt Posts: 41
    Options

I'm an avid Patriots fan so the only way it could have been better is if Tom Brady was there to throw you a pass as you crossed the line.

Or better yet, Gronkowski! Wish I could have done this!! Too bad we moved to NC...
  • raitch
    raitch Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was there too!!!! I did the 5k- so much fun to run through the stadium.
  • justal313
    Options

Or better yet, Gronkowski! Wish I could have done this!! Too bad we moved to NC...

My buddy the serious runner tried to do a Gronski spike going across the finish line he's hoping the pic comes out good as apparently every finish photo ever taken from him looks bad. It was part of his "things you need to know about the run" email he sent the rest of us as it was our first run. "**** eating grin, you want a **** eating grin crossing the finish line"
  • justal313
    Options
    Hey, I was there too!!!! I did the 5k- so much fun to run through the stadium.

We chose the 10k because the 5k had running up and down the ramps. How was that?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!