Any good tips for toning arms

Options
2»

Replies

• Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I'm doing overall workouts, i use the ea active 2 for playstation, i thought it would be crap but you can really feel it! but i really want nice arms, mine are not awful yet, but they are not how i want them and i used to think only really skinny girls have the nice toned arms until i came on here and saw peoples results on pictures now i feel like i can do it too,

Thanks for your advice, wish me luck

CURLS CURLS CURLS... did I say curls? :)

Use enough weight so that your last 3 reps burn. No more than 10 reps - if you can do 10 reps without a burn the weight is too light. Reverse grip pull ups are arm burners too!

Disagree to a point. It's the triceps rather than biceps that shape the arm so I wouldn't disregard those in favour of bicep exercises such as curls

Tricep dips for an exercise with no weights, close hand pressups too.

You need to work both the triceps and biceps

Absolutely - like i said, I wouldn't disregard tricep exercises in favour of bicep ones
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the power spin. We bought one and it is amazing. It really works with just 5 minutes a day. I don't know if they ship to where you are.
  • Wonderob
    Options
    Buy one of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk8xqgmnNnI&feature=related

If you can't afford one then find some other way of emulating the movement!!
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm doing overall workouts, i use the ea active 2 for playstation, i thought it would be crap but you can really feel it! but i really want nice arms, mine are not awful yet, but they are not how i want them and i used to think only really skinny girls have the nice toned arms until i came on here and saw peoples results on pictures now i feel like i can do it too,

Use enough weight so that your last 3 reps burn. No more than 10 reps - if you can do 10 reps without a burn the weight is too light. Reverse grip pull ups are arm burners too!

Disagree to a point. It's the triceps rather than biceps that shape the arm so I wouldn't disregard those in favour of bicep exercises such as curls

Good point - triceps are probably more important for overall arm toning. I always seem to associate triceps with chest workouts!
  • ctooch99
    Options

Good point - triceps are probably more important for overall arm toning. I always seem to associate triceps with chest workouts!

Although I don't disagree with everyone about not forgetting triceps, I don't necessarily agree that pushups and dips are "arm" exercises. Push up, dips and any "push" exercise are for building up the chest (pectoral) muscles - they really are - the triceps are key in these exercises, so yeah they get pumped - but these are not really "arm" exercises - they are chest workouts.

Personally I find "pull" exercises better for shaping the arms - bicep curls, reverse grip pullups, reverse triceps extensions in particular.

Just my 2 cents
  • Wonderob
    Options

Now wait a minute, I disagreed with you about something and instead of getting arrogant and defensive, you graciously replied with 'good point'. You don't belong here!
  • ctooch99
    Options

Now wait a minute, I disagreed with you about something and instead of getting arrogant and defensive, you graciously replied with 'good point'. You don't belong here!

Hahaha - it's all good. I have no problem admitting a mistake. I my blind adoration for biceps curls, I gave a bit of wrong advice! But yeah, there are some real a-holes out here... we are all here to share and learn - peace.
  • Wonderob
    Options

Hahaha - it's all good. I have no problem admitting a mistake. I my blind adoration for biceps curls, I gave a bit of wrong advice! But yeah, there are some real a-holes out here... we are all here to share and learn - peace.

In fairness I didn't think it was wrong advice, just missing a bit
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Pullups! Pushups! And lift something heavy!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bumping this so I can start toning my flabby arms !
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    30 replies and not a single one answering her question...

There is no such thing as a toning exercise. Anyone here recommending arm exercises is clueless as they do nothing useful and are a waste of time.

1) Do full body compound movements to retain lean mass in your body.

2) Lose body fat by having caloric deficit.

/thread