healthy eating???HELP

Options
amynicole2008
amynicole2008 Posts: 7 Member
so im new to this whole healthy eating and i have no idea what to cook or eat thats low fat. im trying to stay below my 1200 calorie range for the whole day so many days is skip eating entirely. anyone know of some good breakfast, lunch and dinner recipe's to help me transition?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Firstly, 1200 is really a minimum - eating regularly below that, or not eating altogether, is NOT a good idea.

What are you currently eating - if you open up your diary, and maybe add a bit more details on your profile, it would be easier to give more relevant advice.
  • stephaniekhani
    stephaniekhani Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of green stuff! Veggies are fab to fill up on and not a lot of calories. Lean turkey is good too--high in protein and also low cal. The hubby and I have baked turkey breast with roasted tomatoes a lot. :-)

Check out BBC Good Food's healthy section of their website--we usually have 2 or 3 things from here each week because we love it so much. http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/healthy/
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above, eating below 1200 is not a good idea. Low Fat is not better either. Your body needs good fats, like olive oil, NATURAL OR ORGANIC Peanut butter, nuts....stuff like that. Just watch ur saturated & trans fats.
    How about some egg white for breakfast? Make an omelet or scramble them. Tuna salad for lunch. Grilled or Baked Chicken or fish w/ some brown rice & veggies for supper?
  • Symphony2
    Symphony2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello there,

Firstly - just to repeat what someone else has said - if you really want to lose weight, skipping meals is the worst thing you can do. The body just doesn't work that way - although it appears to be logical in your head!! I suggest you go here: http://www.sparkpeople.com/index_uk.asp - Whereabouts are you? This is the UK site but it's international so you can change :) This site is free and you'll find billions of recipes, menu plans - all specifically for people like you who aren't sure where to start. It's really easy to use, too - and packed with fantastic articles and blogs which could keep you away from housework for months!! lol Good luck with this - it's exciting starting on this new journey! Sparkpeople also has a place to track all your nutrition etc. but I can definitely say that HERE on myfitnesspal it is sooooooooo much easier and straightforward.

All the best,

Amanda x
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Ok so they have all said it! You do need to eat! your body needs fuel!

AS far as healthy eating goes, for me its about making healthier choices 90% of the time!

I choose better things to eat instead of going for burgers I oven bake mine and have 1/2 the amountof fries or rather have salad. I byuy teh small bite size choclates when i want one instead of a normal bar.

get fresh fruit and veggies in.

Eat more white meat than red

Keep your carbs lower than your protien

Cut refined and high sugar food outs

Hope it helps
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Shop the outer aisles of the store. Veggies, lean meat, and some dairy. Leave all the boxed, prepackaged, processed food where they are. When you choose your foods for the week, they should look like what they are (potato/not chips, etc.). Start slow and you will learn along the way. :flowerforyou:
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I also agree with the others that you should be eating more! Try to google clean eating recipes and you will find loads. I also love the Weigh Watchers cookbooks. I have 4 and all the meals are super easy to prepare and are so yummy. I haven't had a bad one out of it and boyfriends loves them too. Or buy a clean eating cookbook i.e. a Tosca Reno one.
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Here is an interesting site for value and some very cool readingregardinghealthy living:
    http://www.lasting-weight-loss.com/index.html