Muscle pain after exercise?!

Options
Cazzyxo
Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
Hiya,

I am currently doing 30DS. But I have really bad muscle pain in my upper legs, but i dont want to give up. It hurts to get up, walk and sit down on the loo even. Is there anything I can do to speed recovery?! Will it get better or worse if I just keep going?

:)

Replies

• raitch
    raitch Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    How far into it are you? for me, The pain was the worst on days 3 and 4, getting better on 5. Make sure you're getting enough water. Take some ibuprofen to reduce inflammation if that sounds good to you. It WILL get better. Also allow yourself a rest day if the pain is really horrible. Jillian says the shred was never meant to be done 30 consecutive days. I'm almost through level 2 and I've been switching it with other exercises, seems to help with the soreness. I'll tell you I was sorer in the very beginning than I ever am now!
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying! Yeh today will be the third day and I am so sore im going to leave it until tonight cause I cant face it now, but at the same time still want to do it today. Depending on how I feel tomorrow I may give myself a rest day. I am trying to up my water intake today & will take your advice and go buy some ibuprofen :)