Healthy dinner options!

Options
clairyfairy247
clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
I'm always an angel at work and then a pig at home :(

Looking through my food diary made me realize that I always go for a high calorie dinner in the evening so I need some ideas for good old healthy dinners - (preferably with chicken :wink:)

I've had a look online but I know a lot of you have some family recipes stored away :)

Replies

• zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This isn't a family recipe, just a result of my own experimenting, but now I'll have this for dinner every day or 2 because it's YUMMY.
    1-2 cups (however hungry you are) of chopped up veggies (I'll use broccoli, carrot, tomatoes, onion, peppers etc. - anything that you like works)
    Throw in some chopped/minced garlic and herbs (I have the italian herb mix but throw in whatever you like)
    Either a half or a whole chicken breast chopped up (seems like not much but when you have it with the veggies, a half is enough for 1 serving)
    Mix it all together with 1 tbsp of pesto and salt/pepper if you'd like it
    Wrap it all in tinfoil and put in the oven on about 200 degrees for 20ish minutes (depending on how much you have)
    The veggies will cook and blend their own flavours with the chicken, and the pesto will make everything super yummy.
    You can mix this with a bit of wholegrain pasta or have it on wholegrain bread, or just eat it as is (that's what I do).
    Depending on amounts of everything and whether or not you have it with pasta/bread, it can be anything from 200-400 cals.
    Sorry it's so vague, it's not really from a recipe, just what I do for dinner.