Hopefully More To Come

Options
In May of this year I finally decided it was time to lose some weight.

I joined a Bally that was only a couple of blocks away from where I worked. With signing up I
also received 4 free sessions with a personal trainer.

I weight 298 pounds with a 48 waist.

With my trainers help, working out 6 days a week, I'm down to 259 and a 42 waist.

The big thing for me was cutting out the fast food. I was at McDonald's so much, I think
they were going to create a special item just for me on their menu :tongue:

I haven't been to a McDonald's since May 10. It also wasn't uncommon for me to have a
couple of headaches a week. Since I cut out the fast food, I've had maybe 4 total.

The one vice I didn't give up was my Pepsi. I'll never give up my Pepsi!

My goal is 250 by the end of October.

The funny thing is, I can't stop going to Bally. My goal for working out was 3-4 times
a week, but I can't stop myself..I have to go. Weird.

Like I've mentioned in my profile, I'm an elliptical nut case. Every once in awhile my
only purpose is to break my personal best time. That was 90 minutes.

I've even started running...okay,jogging, on the treadmill.

The one funny thing someone said to me was...are you losing weight? I see it in your
shoulders...my shoulders? ugh!

I also don't weigh myself every week. I do it once a month. The reason is, in my mind, it
seems like I've had more success if I've lost 4 or 5 pounds for a month vs 1 pound for a
week. Plus I'd probably panic if I didn't lose anything (or even gained) if I did it every week.

Hopefully I can continue this thru the spring of 2010.

Doug

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on what you've accomplished already! :flowerforyou:
    Keep up with what you're doing, and you WILL reach your goal! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!