here I go.....again!

Options
Happy 4th of July! Independence Day! Seems like the right time to become independent from all the bad eating habits I have. I need to loose about 35 or 40 pounds and could really use the support of you guys. I've been a yoyo dieter my whole life and its time to break free. Any support will be greatfully accepted. :)

Replies

• Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm trying again toooooo!!!!
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Every journey begins with a single step. Encouragement is nice, but internal encouragement, motivation etc will be better in the long run. I too am beginning again. I wish you luck and strength to be independent from bidy evils and move towards health in your life!
  • franneegd
    franneegd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    what do you add you? How do I do that???
  • vcreinert
    vcreinert Posts: 83
    Options
    I've lost 14 lbs. Take it a day at a time. I plan my menu in the mornings that way I know what I can eat all day. If I cheat on a day; I just go back to the plan the next day.
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    hi.. good luck to you and feel free to add me for support! Happy 4th
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    To break that cycle, follow the MFP recommendations for safe and lasting results.
    Losing fat is actually very simple but just hard work.
    This is how MFP works
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/3-how-does-myfitnesspal-work

And Tips for Newbies
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/470367-tips-for-newbies

Just get started by going into settings to Update diet/fitness profile.
    Set your goals for 1 lb weight loss per week.
    NO MORE!
    And eat lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Do both cardio and resistance exercise.
    AND EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES!
    Remember, this is not a race, and you can reach your goals if you stick to a good plan as recommended on this site.

You have many people here ready to lend support, answer qustions and discuss any challenges.
    You can do this.

All Is Possible!
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Lots of people and resources on here to help you reach your goals! Feel free to add me - we are in same 'age group' lol.
  • dbal689012
    dbal689012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend too. Most importantly, LOG IN EVERY DAY, RECORD WHAT YOU EAT, DON'T CHEAT YOURSELF, because it does matter to know how many calories you eat. Keeps you thinking positive.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
    I'm on here everyday!
  • gguess36
    gguess36 Posts: 2
    Options
    You are not alone. I have to lose weight for health issue so please add me to your friends. :smile: We can all do this let's get started.
  • lkay2day
    lkay2day Posts: 2
    Options
    hey every1 my name is lorraine and i want to be 9 and half stone in 5 weeks as i have just had a baby 1 year ago xx
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Add me too!!! Support, yes we all need it! We are al here for you :happy: