How do you *NOT* give up when you aren't seeing results?!

Options
Good morning readers!

I'm a single mom of 2 young boys, who is doctor ordered to lose weight for a few health reasons. I'm not too terribly overweight, but I am just overweight enough to cause problems. I have about 40 lbs + to lose.

I'm a graduate of P90X in the past, and when I'm motivated enough, I love to work out.
I've gone through a round of the South Beach diet, and saw amazing results.

Here's the kicker....I do one OR the other....I've had such a hard time getting my stubborn rear in gear with the idea of DIET *AND* EXERCISE!!!

This is my first time EVER doing both.

I've started the Jillian Michaels 90-day Body Revolution. Its insane, and awesome. Only half an hour of your day, and she gets you sweaty and heart pounding! I've also decided to eat clean as well....so here's my issue. I'm on my 4th week of this program, and I'm not seeing the scale move an inch!!! Nothing! How uninspiring!

But I'm here to say that I'm not giving up. I've heard that it takes a while, and heaven knows I'm the most impatient person I know. Maybe I have too high of expectations...Geez Jillian, you make ppl skinny on The Biggest Loser!, why not me?!

I am noticing that my arms are tightening up, so I guess there's a plus.

OK rant over....I'll keep you posted with my results.

Replies

• momwantstorun
    Options
    I totally understand what you are saying. I have been watching what I am eating & exercising daily since mid May. Logging in almost daily, staying within my calorie for the day (for the majority of the time). I was interval-ling daily witIh my husband. I had finally lost 6 pounds in six weeks, only to wake up the next morning to have gained 3 pounds back!! I cant get rid of it either :(. So..... I changed my exercise routine to Beach Body Slim in Six Ramp it up. I know I am getting a decent work-out, but still no results. I am so DISCOURAGED. I just don't get it!
  • coasthego
    coasthego Posts: 1
    Options
    I love myfitnesspal but I did notice this week that it allows me 24 sugars a day and 165 carbs. I am going to set a new goal of 15 sugars and 120 carbs. I know how this is going to sound, but Alec Baldwin said he stopped eating sugar and lost 30 pounds in 3 months. Then I remembered a woman at work who cut her sugar and carbs to the amount mentioned above and she has lost 15 pounds (she wasn't that over weight to begin with). She looks amazing and she only walks 3 times a week for 20 min. She is 65.

I can't exercise too much and most of the time not at all. I have arthritis really bad and have been on steroids for almost 2 years now but I have managed to lose 10 pounds with myfitnesspal. I am hoping that changing to the new sugar and carb amounts will get me over the hump. It is worth a shot!
  • hiloui
    hiloui Posts: 6
    Options
    I think I'm just going to stick with it and keep going. Maybe the 15 years it took me to gain all this weight will be longer than I thought. Ok, so it won't happen overnight, or maybe in 6 months, but I know I don't want to let myself down.

I'm going to log all my food & exercise, and keep pluggin away.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    4 weeks in - keep going - even if the scales aren't showing yet - you are still fitter and healthier than you were 4 weeks ago - so you are still in a better place and the scales will start moving :)
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    You have to think less of the number on the scale and more what it's doing for you health wise.
  • ClareWantsProgress
    ClareWantsProgress Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You have to think less of the number on the scale and more what it's doing for you health wise.

^^^ This. I keep going also by reminding myself that while I might not be making huge noticeable gains - at least I'm not making huge noticeable leaps BACKWARDS. Hang in there!
  • hiloui
    hiloui Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I get so discouraged from time to time. I'm just desperate for an "AFTER PHOTO" that's worth posting! Ya know? I love success stories, and I'd love to have one.