i really need a buddy really really bad anyone please help

torrence47
torrence47 Posts: 7
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
i can already feel that i am slipping and my diabeties is staring to pay the price my number are going up ane i am sleeping through the day more. can anyone just take a few minutes out of there day and just be there for me. i know the main person that has to do this is me but just for a little wihile please can i get some help i am really scared. and that is not an exaggeration i have been doing so well and now there is another crack in my home life that i cannot handle..pleasehelp. i am going to go back to alon meetings for support ffom them for my husbands drinking. they say god gives you only so much that you can bare but i feel on overload.:sad: thanks torie

Replies

• khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Torie,
    Take a deep breath! You can do this!! Tell yourself what you would tell anyone else. Take a step back and breath. Then make a plan on what you need to do to get back on track. You're doing a great thing by getting back to your meetings. You have to take care of you first before you can take care of anyone else.

I'm sending you lots of light and love!
    -Karen
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    no worries i know you can do it and i'm here for ya...
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Hey, I am so sorry you are going through so much. God, will help you through this. I know they say He will not place more than you can handle but at times it is an overload. He will help you all you have to do is have faith and continue to trust and pray. I am not preaching so if it sounds that way please forgive me. I have been recovering from so much medical and now I am on the the road to recovery. I know that lifestyle change is hard the worst being weight loss. Mine has been mainly maintaining due to not fully understanding how it works and everything went out of control and I became anorexic. I will help you pray for your situation and if you want to talk I will be here as much as possible. Please just do the best you can and try to focus on you and your health. Let God handle everything else as well as your health and progress. You can get back on track and be all you want to be. God Bless, brenda
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Torie - I totally agree with Karen - step back and breath....you have a ton on your shoulders-there will come a time when you look back and realize your battles have made you stronger.

Remember that eating right is helping your body be stronger for dealing with your health and emotional traumas so don't give up on it - the better you fuel your body the better you'll feel.

My heart goes out to you on the drinking...my mom in an alcoholic but won't stop, my step dad drank himself to death....I am sending you a great big hug!

Keep your chin up, Smile!

:heart: Chrissy
  • Slow down and take a deep breath. The fact that you are reaching out for help says a lot about you. It takes a lot of courage to admit when you are weak. I started my new lifestyle thinking “I really feel different this time. This time I am really motivated.” But I still have those sinking feelings and thoughts of failure. What I’ve found that really helps me is to look over the “Success Stories” threads. The people on this site are so inspiring. There is a lady who has lost over 200 pounds. She is simply incredible. Just keep in mind that there are somethings you can’t control (as much as you want to). Your health is something you can and must control. I know you will find a lot of encouragement here. So keep reaching out whenever you feel the need.

YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • Hi Torrie

I understand how you feel. I have diabetes myself. I was diagnosed a year ago. I was scared at first because my father passed away 3 years ago from many complications, but I realized it was because he refused to accept his diabetes and take control of it. He couldn't give up his lifestyle and everything he loved. I also have a lot of support from my family, doctors and nutritionist. I don't know when the last time you saw your Dr. was, but maybe you should see him/her and let them know your BS readings are going up. You may just need an adjustment in medication.

You're always going to have bad days. Don't let it get you down. Just pick up and continue on with what you are doing to control it. I find that if you deny yourself of everything you like, you are going to fail and/or give up. Allow yourself small treats once in a while and make choices that are better for you.

If you need a shoulder, mine is always here.

Janet
  • If you ever need a shoulder or need someone to listen and help pick you up, feel free to send me a message!! As for how scared you are feeling, just take a few deep breaths and focus on what your goals are and what you need to do to get to that point. I know it's not an easy task to live with an alcoholic, that right there shows your strength. Use that strength to better yourself hun! I know you can do it!:drinker:
  • Tori,
    Sounds like you are having a bad day. Just take one day at a time. We all have days we slip cause of everything going on in our lives. We are all here for u if u need us. I hope you have a better day!
  • Just prayed for you and your husband, sweetie. Hope you feel better. I'd be glad to help you out if you ever need to vent again.
This discussion has been closed.