New to MFP in Durham, NC

Options
Caniac68
Caniac68 Posts: 15 Member
Well...I'm back at my regular summer routine. Being a teacher, finding time to take of myself over my students is often difficult. But every summer, I seem to work on taking care of what I need. A couple of years ago, when I was at my heaviest, I took up kayaking. At least 4-5 times a week, I hit the lake or river and dropped about 15 pounds! Last year, I didn't hit the water as much but did get a membership at the YMCA. Took off another 5 pounds there but that ended when school started again. However, I have managed to keep those 20 pounds off with minor up and down fluctuations.

This year, I am going at it alone...so to speak. I would love to take the kayaks out, but have developed a healthy fear of being on the water alone as I am not a strong swimmer. I also recently won two free personal trainer sessions and he designed a simple routine I can do at home with the equipment I already own. So I am hopeful to get down to the desired weight of 145-150 by the end of the summer. That's where MFP comes in: accountability and tracking. I've only been using it for three days now, but love it! It has a great set of tools to help me and I use it often.

Anyway, anybody who wants a new friend or mutual encouragement in their battle...just say hello. And...good luck to all in meeting your personal goals!