What to eat baked beans on?

Weird question but i have half a tin of baked beans and was trying to think of something interesting/nice/low calorie to eat them on that wasnt toast preferably, it just doesnt fill me up. :') / baked bean recipies welcome ahah

Replies

• lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Brown rice is the probably the most common thing to eat them with... good, complex carbs in brown rice will be fairly filling without spiking your insulin. You could also try the beans over quinoa, or mix some low-fat cheese into the beans. Beans are versatile, there are lots to do with them :)
  • LucyFordxo
    LucyFordxo Posts: 62 Member
    OH!!

Add some diced tomatos or salsa, diced bell peppers and green onions to the beans and then roll them up in a big leafy green like cabbage,romane or kale!!!! SOOOOOOO tasty I PROMISE.

xo
  • runcrissierun
    runcrissierun Posts: 37 Member
    On a baked potato, or tortilla or tostada shell, topped with lettuce, onions, and hot sauce - almost like a taco!
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Jacket potato.

On the side with egg and bacon.

On toast with cheese and Marmite.
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    I serve mine on a plate, as is.

If you are looking for the crunch, how about dicing up or shredding some jicama or turnip or broccoli stalks?
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Put them on top of baked beans?
  • Martin0524
    Martin0524 Posts: 59 Member
    I usually eat baked beans with diced hotdogs and shredded cheese... But the beans alone fill me up quickly..
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    i never eat them on anything, i just eat them on a plate or in a bowl, we usually have them when my husband smokes ribs in his smoker and then have some coleslaw and a salad, but i never eat them "on" anything
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Add onion, chopped tomatoes, chilli and your choice of sausage. Serve with mashed potato! Yummy ! :-)
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    cottage cheese
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    A plate with grilled chicken and cole slaw.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Add onion, chopped tomatoes, chilli and your choice of sausage. Serve with mashed potato! Yummy ! :-)

That sounds sooooo good! X
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    with chicken or pork, preferably smoked.. and maybe some rice.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    I love them with an oven baked potato x
  • MajestyGisMe
    MajestyGisMe Posts: 43 Member
    Mix them into some ground chicken or ground turkey and add tomato, green onion, and some raw jalapeno if you like heat, or black pepper. but sweet and heat go well together if you want something different. Brown the turkey or chicken first and crumble like if for chili. good luck!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Stick in a pan with some chilli powder, curry power (or paste) and a handful of sultanas or raisins. Heat for a few minutes and pour over a baked potato. Quick, easy curry. Yum!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    I eat them with chicken, usually. I will put them on top of rice or baked french fries.
  • mielchat
    mielchat Posts: 41 Member
    Sweet potato fries :)
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Hey I normally mix in a teaspoon or two of fat free cottage cheese, add a heap of cayene pepper and I eat them on ryvita crackers, sometimes I add some cucumber to it too! :) I love them like that!
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Toast, I just have mine with 1 slice toast and a 1/4-1/5 can... isn't that bad calorie wise like that....