Best Scales?

Options
Ive been looking for a scale for a while now and have not been having much luck, the main issues are inaccurate readings, or they are accurate the first time and i step on the scale a few more times right after and my weight has apparently changed dramatically.

Any recommendations would be helpful, a simple digital scale thats accurate, dependable and not too pricey is what i need.

Replies

• soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    go to the supermarket or walmart and just look around lol... i have a digital one and I like it a lot and its nice modern looking. it also lets you record your weightloss from when you first started ..and it tells you your BMI, and hydration level (never used the hydration level doubt it actually works lol). I dont know which brand but there are a lot! Good luck on your weightloss :) the first thing I did to get serious was get a great scale and that seems to be what you are doing too :)
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have fresh batteries in your scale.
    Also keep in mind that your readings will be off if you're weighing yourself on an uneven surface (like wooden floors).

I have an Omron HBF 400. It can also calculate your BMI and body fat % (but that's not the most accurate way to test bf%).
    I used to have a cheap Walmart scale, but the numbers never made sense, no matter how many times I changed the batteries or made sure the surface was completely level.
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This is research in progress. I've been reading a lot of reviews for scales on Amazon and so far I think the doctors scale has the most consistent reviews. I'm just scared to pull the trigger and spend $150 on a scale to get the same results with a cheap one.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I liked my Taylor glass top digital scale that weighed in 0.1 lb increments. It was perfect and matched my doc exactly. The one I have now is a Weight Watchers brand glass top digital. It also weighs in 0.1lb increments. It seems to "retain" its memory from the day before and I have to weigh once with an 2 lb object in my hand then reweigh. It's a bit obsessive, but I weigh every day and it is accurate when I follow this procedure.
  • JCTJennings
    JCTJennings Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine keeps saying i'm not losing weight! Going to get a refund.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    weight watcher ones without a doubt...special tension system for very accurate readings and awesome reviews....i have one and love it oh and 10 yr warranty
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I got a Health O Meter at Walmart and love it. Wasn't expensive and it weighs the same everytime. Love it
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I have been very happy with my FitBit Aria (http://www.fitbit.com/product/aria) scale. It does the calculation of lean mass vs. fat mass and stuff. So far, been really awesome!