Words of Wisdom

Options
Queen_Christine
Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
What are your favorite words of wisdom? Or what's the most important life lesson you have learned?

My favorite words of wisdom, and I have said them many times, are:

"Attitude is everything. Life is what you make it. Anyone can be happy if they want to be."

(It stops pity parties and excuse-makers in their tracks!)

Please share yours! :smile:

Replies

• Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    "Love yourself first and everything else falls into line". In order to do anything meaningful, truly love anyone, be loved, you have to love yourself first.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Realize, appreciate and give thanks for what you have in life; so many among us are much less fortunate.

Peace on Earth.

Live and let live.

Be kind to everything that lives.

MyFitnessPal ROCKS! :flowerforyou:
  • scol14
    scol14 Posts: 19
    Options
    One of my favorites.....

"Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles. Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost." - Helen Keller
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Real women do not have Adam's apples.

Truer words have never been spoken.
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    always wear clean underwear, you never know when you could get hit by a bus
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    You are your own best advocate, knight in shining armor, and all-purpose champion. If you don't stand up for yourself and make yourself happy, why would you expect anyone else to do it for you?
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Treat others how you wish to be treated.

That's kind of my life's motto. I don't always succeed in following it, but I try :smile:
  • shack1157
    shack1157 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Put your faith in God, Family, Country and our Armed Forces! I would not say Politician the ones we have these days are not worth placing your faith in they have lose sight and touch of the people!
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    " . . . The awful daring of a moment's surrender / which an age of prudence can never retract . . . "
  • kcox4166
    kcox4166 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My favorite words of wisdom (my dad said this all of the time): It's better to be silent and thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt. His other favorite: Life's not fair and nobody ever said it was.
  • batmanvs
    batmanvs Posts: 2
    Options
    Speaking of favorite words, here is something worth mentioning, it's fresh and original: Favorite Words .com... looking forward to see how this resource grows.
  • stephsmom93
    stephsmom93 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    "Win if you can. Lose if you must. But always cheat." j/k :tongue:

"Don't take life too seriously. You won't get out of it alive!"
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    1. "If you want to know what someone truly values, look where they spend their time and money" - grandpa

2. "Perception is reality"

3. "When all else fails, lower your standards" - my little sister, on grades and dating lol.

4. "Ho fo sho" - 40 year old virgin .. Okay, not wisdom. But it would make a great tramp stamp tatoo.. Hmm, so would 3.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power.

- Lao Tzu

If frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their *kitten* every time they jumped.

- Red Forman :)

Do or do not, there is no try.

- Yoda
  • theliftingman
    Options
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.
  • moxy28
    moxy28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It aint what people call you, its what you answer to!~ Madea
  • theliftingman
    Options
    I was born to love you / I was born to lick your face / I was born to rub you / but you were born to rub me first /... What do you say we take this out on the patio?
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Never resurrect threads.
    - me

People are never more serious than when they're joking.
    - my mum
  • theliftingman
    Options
    Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh? Looks good on you though. LOL
  • fergie1967runner1
    fergie1967runner1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" Dr. Seuss