Clothes to BIG!!!

Options
machchic
machchic Posts: 229 Member
Okay so out with the sizes 14...........12...................10's................soon my 8's................(Currently at size 6)These are all good clothes, looking for the best way to rid them and give to someone who really needs them. I gave last week a bunch of stuff to Goodwill, it was amazing their warehouse was full, I want them to be put to use and not lay in bins for months. Looking for suggestions-Live in Ohio

Replies

• Redbarron80
    Options
    Congrats! Those are the type of expenses worth having.
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Maybe ebay them? Or does your state have like an online yard sale place? We have www.craigslist.com here so maybe you have that there as well...and can sell them?
  • duchessofdoom
    duchessofdoom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being able to clean out your closet! Perhaps there is a womans/childrens shelter in your area. Often women who are victims of abuse flee their homes with nothing. Your clothing would be put to good use there.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I donate all my old clothes to either charity thrift stores, Purple Heart or AMVets. I refrain from just throwing them in any collection bin because some of those are set up by for profit thrift outlets and resold.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congrats...that is an awesome problem to have! I'm planning to donate my old clothes to the Salvation Army.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I've made a fair bit of money selling my old clothes on ebay (they were expensive clothes in the first place to be fair and barely worn) it went towards buying new stuff though! I've learnt my lesson now though no point buying expensive clothes at this point! X X
  • nikcasso
    nikcasso Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I donate to women shelters or "dress for sucess" type places. Usually the womens sheltter have locations to drop off at since the shelters are not public for safety reasons. Contact your local human service agency.
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the compliments and tips - I now have some good ideas.
  • Nosila0815
    Nosila0815 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I ended up giving mine to WEAVE, Women Escaping a Violent Environment. Maybe you have one of these type of non-profits in your neighborhood.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I donated most of mine- but also consigned my nicer jackets/dresses at an upscale consignment shop. I've made about 35$so far and if it doesn't sell they donate it. - It's not a lot of $ but better than nothing since I had to buy all new pants and tops.
  • mauswood
    mauswood Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Is there a women's shelter anywhere around there? They're always looking for stuff to give women so they can get a fresh start.
  • Medea81
    Medea81 Posts: 69
    Options
    Is there a women's shelter anywhere around there? They're always looking for stuff to give women so they can get a fresh start.

this is what we did with my Grandmother's clothes when she passed, (mind you she was a QVC addict!) and they loved them. We also gave all of her "office" attire to a place that then gives low-income/homeless women clothes to go to interviews in.

Great Job BTW!
  • mattnjodie7382
    Options
    Your local church or there is a thing online called freecycle that I put stuff on all the time and when someone replies to it I sit it out on my porch and they come and pick it up. =)
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    Craigslist.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!