IS it possible to lose 20lbs by November 23.

Options
I made a bet saying that I can lose 20lbs by November 23rd. It's my motivation to lose weight. If I don't lose 20lbs by the 23rd I'll lose a $300. There's only about 11 more weeks left. I was wandering if it's possible. I currently weigh 130lbs. Any suggestions and or help to speed up the process. My daily routine consists of lots of cardio. NO strength training yet. I want to lose weight, then tone up afterwards.

Replies

• carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I think it is possible, anything is possible! :flowerforyou:
  • amyalwaysonline6
    Options
    If you're that thin I think it would be really hard for you to lose that much weight in that amount of time.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    If you're that thin I think it would be really hard for you to lose that much weight in that amount of time.
    Since there's still about 11 more weeks left, I need to lose about 2lbs/week.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I won't mince. Sorry if you hate me for it though.

Possible? Yes.

Probable? No.

Permanent loss? Probably not considering how much you have left to lose, the only way I could see it happening is by doing something akin to a crash diet, or a fast or some pill. All of which are not, IMHO, healthy ways to lose weight.

Now if you said 10 lbs by that date, I'd say sure, that's possible and even probable if you put in the effort, but 20 lbs in 11 weeks for someone with only 18 lbs left to lose? That's rough.
  • pavang82
    Options

Possible? Yes.

Probable? No.

Permanent loss? Probably not considering how much you have left to lose, the only way I could see it happening is by doing something akin to a crash diet, or a fast or some pill. All of which are not, IMHO, healthy ways to lose weight.

Now if you said 10 lbs by that date, I'd say sure, that's possible and even probable if you put in the effort, but 20 lbs in 11 weeks for someone with only 18 lbs left to lose? That's rough.

Thanks for your advice. So I'm gonna lose the bet?
  • Shelley130
    Options
    I'm not sure how tall you are but do you think 110 pounds is a healthy weight for you?

I would concentrate on body fat % and I would start strength training now.

Good luck!
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!! I lost 11 lbs in 6 weeks! There is hope! :wink:
  • margaretthedevil
    Options

Possible? Yes.

Probable? No.

Thanks for your advice. So I'm gonna lose the bet?
    I don't think the $300 is worth it. :flowerforyou: You could literally cause devastation to your body. 130 to 110 in 11 weeks will not be a healthy weight loss and will probably cause some skin problems (loose skin, etc.)
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    If you were obese, then yes, you'd be fine.

Since you're not, I suggest telling the person who will soon get $300 that you had your fingers crossed.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Everyone telling her that she can do it needs to see what she weighs right now and stop saying yes. Either she is 3 feet 11 inches or 20 pounds off a 130 pound person in 11 weeks is neither safe nor healthy.

Pavang82 - don't even try it, for your own good. Listen to Banks and anyone else trying to advise you against it. Lose the bet, it will be worth it in the long run.
  • pavang82
    Options
    I'm not sure how tall you are but do you think 110 pounds is a healthy weight for you?

I would concentrate on body fat % and I would start strength training now.

Good luck!
    I'm 5'2. 112 would be in the healthy spectrum according to my bmi.
    But thanks anyways.
  • pavang82
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!! I lost 11 lbs in 6 weeks! There is hope! :wink:

Thanks, I still have hope. How was your diet and workout routine like?
  • pavang82
    Options
    If you were obese, then yes, you'd be fine.

Since you're not, I suggest telling the person who will soon get $300 that you had your fingers crossed.
    Hahaha...but I didn't cross my fingers at the time. :sad:
  • pavang82
    Options
    Everyone telling her that she can do it needs to see what she weighs right now and stop saying yes. Either she is 3 feet 11 inches or 20 pounds off a 130 pound person in 11 weeks is neither safe nor healthy.

Pavang82 - don't even try it, for your own good. Listen to Banks and anyone else trying to advise you against it. Lose the bet, it will be worth it in the long run.

Thanks, but I don't want to lose the bet. 112 will be a healthy weight range for me though according to my bmil
  • chgudnitz
    Options

Thanks, but I don't want to lose the bet. 112 will be a healthy weight range for me though according to my bmil

To each their own, we can all choose what we want to do. How long did it take you to lose the first 15 pounds?
  • aariel22
    Options
    It sounds like you are going to try anyway, so just make sure that you are getting a minimum number of healthy calories (1400?) so that you don't go into starvation mode. Do the strength training as you go or you are going to loose muscle and end up with extra skin. Listen to your body- if you feel week or light headed then reconsider your goals.
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I think you should def let this bet go. Let them know it's not safe and let them know they will not be collecting 300$ from you! I mean what kind of people are you betting with? They do not seem to care enough for your health to let you know it is not safe. I do remember when I was 130 right when I came into the military. I went to Basic Training and i came out at about 110. My parents could hardly recognize me and not to mention I gained the weight back plus! Do the right thing, try starting off by losing 10 pounds first then the other 10. Ultimately you are going to do what you want but just remember the consequences! :flowerforyou:
  • pavang82
    Options
    To each their own, we can all choose what we want to do. How long did it take you to lose the first 15 pounds?

It took me about 4 months to lose the first 15lbs. March 09-August 09. Since August, I've been on a plateau.
  • chgudnitz
    Options

It took me about 3 months to lose the first 15lbs. March 09-August 09. Since August, I've been on a plateau.

So why on earth would you think all of a sudden you can make your body drop another 20 in less time and be healthy??? We can tell you are going to try, and probably not in a healthy way.

So good luck.
  • pavang82
    Options

So why on earth would you think all of a sudden you can make your body drop another 20 in less time and be healthy??? We can tell you are going to try, and probably not in a healthy way.

So good luck.
    I will try, but I'm going to do it the healthy way. Even if I dont' lose 20lbs, 10lbs will be good for me. It's for motivation as well. Thanks though.